atheist- bad thing waiting to happen

If you are the atheist; does bad thing happen to you because you have no religion in your life.
I have a friend that is atheist . her husband was killed in an auto accident. she have horrible parents.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:33 PM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Bad things happen to people regardless of their religion. I don't believe in God, I am a Buddhist. And yes, my life has been pretty hard. But on the other hand, my mother in law is a full blown Christian, and her life has been just as sucky. Your life will be your life, the only difference is one set of people think "oh this is just life" and the others believe "God has a reason for doing this".
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 12:37 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I think some people become atheist because bad things happen to them. Their faith might waver and bad things happen and what faith they had disappears. Not saying that's for every atheist, but a couple I know that's what happened.
    Anonymous

• Ever read the story of Job? Bad things happened to him too and he was gods most devoted believer.
    Anonymous

• i dont believe that bad things happen to atheists bc theyre atheists. if she has horrible parents that wouldnt be a factor bc im sure she wasnt born an atheist. its something you choose to be later in life. its all in what you believe. i am an atheist and my life is up and down like anyone else but religious peoples may or may not agree.
    heyjudeboy1223

Answer by heyjudeboy1223 at 12:37 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I don't think bad things happen to people just because they are atheist because those kind of things happen to Christians as well. I feel that when you have a belief in God you have hope and prayer to comfort you when those things do happen.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:39 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I'm a religious person, but I think I can answer this somewhat.

Do Atheists think bad things happen just because they have no religion? Of course not.
    Do Christians blame the bad things that happen to Atheists on not having religion? All the time.

Bad things happen. Doesn't matter what religion (or lack of) you have.

And honestly, if I thought bad things would happen to me if I didn't follow a certain god, then I don't think I'd like that vengeful god anyways!

God is not a terrorist. He doesn't scare you into believing in him.

Anonymous

• No. Life-the good, bad and ugly happens to ALL people regardless of whether they have a strong religious belief or not-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:42 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• i love seeing non judgmental religious people. it makes me so happy.
    heyjudeboy1223

Answer by heyjudeboy1223 at 12:45 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Well, let's just ask the Pope about that ...
    ddbz

Answer by ddbz at 12:53 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• This must be why no Christian has ever been in a car accident or had bad parents. No Muslim has ever stubbed their toe or gotten the flu. And no Jew has ever had a pimple or smelled a nasty fart. God protects them from all bad things that aflict those horrid Atheists.
    Anonymous