Quick question, Can a 3 year old be in a high back booster with the belt?

I know it's not the safest but I need a spare car seat for those few times we ride with someone else without going through all the trouble of taking out the Nautilus every single time.

She's too big for a regular car seat (40 lbs and 38 inches) and I'm just looking for a cheap alternative. Thanks!

Xynyth

Asked by Xynyth at 12:33 PM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• i have no car and am visiting family. i have to move 2 carseats between 4 cars, is a pain but well thats what i have to do
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:01 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• HELL No and cheap is not safe\. the rule is 4 and 40. and i wouldn\t even put my child in a booster at 4. whats cheaper buying a cartseat that harness up to 50 lbs or paying for the hospital bill or funeral. think about that.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 12:49 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• by the way my dd is 3 34 lba and am getting her a seat so she can be in a 5 ponit harness till she is 5
    piwife

• um can you get a used carseat from someone you know.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 12:51 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• The one I used in my car harnesses to 65, I'm well aware of that. I was just looking for a spare that wasn't so bulky and wouldn't cost an arm and a leg. But thanks for replying.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 12:52 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I don't feel comfortable with used car seats. And most car seats only go up to 40lbs. Sadly. Oh well, guess I'm just stuck moving it around every time.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 12:53 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Yeah, good point. At least we still have a car :)
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 1:03 PM on Mar. 16, 2010