wuold you be annoyed? what would you do?

my husband is the type who thinks someone giving advice is being bossy and controlling. well the other day my husband was having pain on his right side and was whining about it so i said" im sorry is there anything you want me to do" he then asked what could cause it and what to do to make it feel better...i was hesitent to say anything cause even when he asked for advice he turns it into being bossy....so i tell him it could possibly be a kidney or UTI.. and that if it were me i would stop drinking the mt dew(he drinks 12 cans plus one 2lt bottle a day of mt dew) then siad drink more water and if not feelin better in couple of days go to the dr. and of course he got mad and said that im being mean cause he says he has to have mt dew for his asthma....so i just let it go...then today he was having a fit and told his mom i wont let him drink mt dew..which is not the case..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• Well firstly your husband asked you for your advice so he can't be mad at you for telling him what you think. SURELY drinking such an astonishing amount of soda everyday can cause a lot of different issues. I think your advice was excellent and I would be annoyed that he reacted that way as well. Drinking more water and checking with a doctor is always a great idea.
    walkintherain

Answer by walkintherain at 1:23 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• op here

i didnt say he cant drink it, but said that drinking that much mt dew maybe one of the reasons he is having that pain and why he isnt feeling well....i never see him drink water...he acts like water is poison
    Anonymous

• he has to have it for his asthma? seriously! soda is horrible for people expecially this much
    awelling

Answer by awelling at 1:20 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• It could be kidney stones from drinking so much soda! Why does he "have to" for his asthma? Never heard of that...
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 1:22 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I wouldn't give him anymore advice, period. Even if he asks for it. I would simply say that I don't know and drop it.

Just curious, he needs the Mountain Dew for his asthma?? Never heard of that. What is his rational for this?
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 1:22 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• LOL...anytime he asks for advice tell him to go see a professional. Hand him the phone and tell him to call his doc..but wait...that may come off as bossy too.
    Maybe its your tone of voice? Are you by any chance a teacher? Teachers usually tend to use a more firm and direct tone of voice because its what they are used to and may come off as bossy.
    Really, that is a LOT of mountain dew to be drinking in one day. A LOT.
    Anonymous

• op here

i use the same tone of voice that i use when dealing with my "patients" im a cna in a nursing home....so calm concerned tone...if that makes sense
    Anonymous

• I know a guy who had kidney issues and had to give up Coca-Cola and he consumed as much as your hubby. It will help and he should do it. Mt Dew is pure crap. Sorry.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 1:41 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I'm sorry to be rude as I'm normally not, but what nutcase ever told him that Mt Dew was good for asthma!??!?! Soda of any kind is NOT good for anyone. Mt Dew is especially horrendous! When my oldest daughter was 17 she got severely depressed and had bad mood swings, so we took her to a counselor. The first thing they did was to examine her diet and low and behold what they found was causing her mood swings and depression. She was drinking a minimum of 6 Mt Dews per day and eating too many sweets (cookies, candy, chips, etc). So she immediately stopped drinking the Mt Dew and stopped eating frosting out of the can and cookies and junk and within two weeks her mood and depression had stablized. As for your husbands attitude towards your advice, he is not in his right mind and can't see how rude he is being and you gave him very good advice. Send him to the docs if you can.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 1:42 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• i guess his claims his dr said he need caffeine to expand airways... i was like ok. my mom was a nurse and worked in a group home and i went with her a few times as a kid and then in high school i took classes that got me ready for the medical field, i worked in pharmacy my senior year as an assistant then went to college to be a respiratory therapist but wasnt sure halfway through my degree if that is what i wanted to do so then got my cna and med license. and now have an interest in paharmacy tech. i look up medical stuff in my free time so im in the know of the latest medical stuff and meds...and i NEVER heard that mt dew helps asthma...but i cant tell my husband that it just a hopeless battle...-op-
    Anonymous