Will you share a nightmare story about your MIL so I do not feel so guilty....

guilty about really NOT liking mine! She is selfish and has the attitude of entitlement! I am so sick of seeing her phone number on the caller ID, I do no even answer her calls anymore. She lies about me to my hubby, she ignores our daughter, she wants hubby's time, our money and we do not have extra to give! She never worked and she will NOT do anything now to help herself.

Noosa

Asked by Noosa at 1:17 PM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• My "nightmare" is still going. I have too many stories, let just say after knowing them for over 30-years I have cut them off. My husband talks to them on his cell.

They are rude, mean, selfish. And you better buy MIL a gift that is name brand and spend a lot on it!!! Or she will throw back at you and tell you she is worth more. She has not done to me because she knows I will throw the girt back to her face!

All I can say is when it comes to your kids and your home you have a right to say no or place leave. You do have to be strong and do not let them step all over you. I tried to be a good DIL but it did not work and tried to take over.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 3:11 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• The only "nightmare" story I have about mine is that she passed away 6 years ago to breast cancer and is dearly missed!! I loved her, she was wonderful.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 1:20 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I have numerous things about my MIL....here is just a few. She spoils my daughter with gifts & smothers her while buys nothing for my sons & ignores them. She never showed up for my last sons birth, no call just an e-mail congratulating us. Said to me once as she was bringing gifts to my daughter "oh I forgot you have another child." Wrote a sign on my daughter when she was babysitting her & waiting for us get home that read "where are my F*&%G parents". Left my house on Christmas once because she was mad at my husband & said she doesn't feel loved. She has real deep seeded issues. I have to remind myself of this at times because she can be extremely aggravating. The list goes on but I think you have the idea. Try not to let her upset you so much.  Don't give her the power. She probably doesn't deserve it like my MIL.

Anonymous

• I love my MIL... The only nightmare story I have is when she came to visit back in October 2008. She came in on a Friday, we went out to a movie and I got really sick, she watched our boys, and gave us a much needed night out.. Anyway, we got home and it turned out I had kidney stones, and a kidney/bladder infection. I was in so much pain. She took care of our boys, Hubby had to leave to go on the road, and that Monday her train was late getting here so I had to drive her 150 miles to the airport. I was miserable and she felt so bad. She hasn't been back since, and I'm afraid that's why. I felt so bad. She didn't have a nice time, and I wasn't a good host. She said she wants to fly our boys out to visit her this Summer, I guess I can take a hint.. Oh well, I apologized, it's all I can do.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 1:25 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• mamaada, I'm so sorry for your loss!

My MIL is ok, she is IN LOVE with our DD, she wants her over all the time. The only problem I have is just that she doesn't speak English, so I can't really talk to her! We are both slowly learning, though! LOL
    Anonymous

• mine is a self-centered bulimic. She's a preacher's wife and is arrogant about that.
    She came over one day when my son was sick and he was crying about her leaving (no biggie) but she stood at the door until I got sick of it and told her to get out that she was just making it worse, he'd calm down if she'd actually go. She called CPS on me for it! I wish I could frame the letter she got telling her that she was crazy and to not make false reports or they'd arrest her.
    I also do not answer the phone when she calls. Thank god for caller ID!
    Anonymous

• mine expects my husband to drop everything to help her she even called at 2 am one night to have him take one of those smaller microwaves and throw in the trash...then few nights later called at 1 am to have him check her oil...even today she demanded that my husband help her with papers and wanted him at her place at noon so at 12:03 he wasnt there so she calls bitching. he was laying down a 2 yr old for a nap while i was doing laundry....but heaven forbid we ask her for help. just a couple of weeks ago we asked if she could follow my husband down to take my car to the shop..at that time i had no glasses and i cant see worth shit without them, and if i got pulled over id either get a ticket or end up in jail( my vision is 20/80) and she said no cause she was watchin tv. grrr
    Anonymous

• My MIL is a crazy person! I had just moved halfway across the country to be with my now DH, so I decided to throw him a surprise b-day party. I had only met his family a few times, so I was nervous and excited to throw the party. His mother got soooo mad that I decided to do this and I later found out that she said, "I throw the birthday parties in this family!" How juvenile!?!?! She never came and talked to me about it, so I had no idea that she was upset till family members began to call me. Apparently, DH's mother called all of the family members that I invited, crying and asked them not to go! I was mortified that I had to hear this from DH's family whom I barely knew! I called her house a few times and left msg's, but she never called me back. I had the party and everyoone came. I later discovered that everyone already knew she was crazy. AND this was just my FIRST crazy encounter w/ her!
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 2:20 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• My former MIL was a handful for me. When I found out I was pregnant with my daughter she told me she was going to be in the delivery room when I had her I told her no the hell she wasn't so she locked herself in my bathroom and banged her head on the door. She kept trying to make me change my mind on what I was going to name my daughter and I kept telling her no I was set on the name I chose. Always calling my parents alcoholics (they didn't start going to bars until I was 15 and able to take care of myself). Always having a problem with the way I raise my children cuz I don't freak out over every little scratch (I'd have a heart attack every day if that were the case). Always lying about me behind my back trying to start drama. Called CPS on me more than once because I won't do things their way. I thank God I divorced that womans son. I no longer have to deal with that family.
    NikLvsNick

Answer by NikLvsNick at 2:30 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• you think that is bad?? try this when my husband an i got married we thought we will have a wonderful week in florida...lol..yeah right 2 days into our honeymoon we get a knock at the hotel door an i answered it, my new MIL said she needed a vacation an so she decided to spend a few days in florida "WITH US". an she said she got the room next door so we could go do stuff...i thought my husband was going to fall over. all that week we never got to be alone she was always at the door or calling our room to see if we wanted to go do something. brad an i went home 2 days early an his mother acted as if that's the day we were suppose to come home..then she tells us. we should all do that vacation again!! later that night my husband said next year for our late honeymoon he said he's telling her that he has a business trip to go on.
    Anonymous