Can you get in trouble for breakin your own water

i was just woundering if it was agiasnt the law to break your on water at home? no i am no going to break my own water i was just woundering if it was or not because i have heard yes and i have heard no s please some one give me the answer

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 PM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Umm no it is nto illegal but very unsafe!
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:25 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I don't think it is illegal, but someone could probably charge attempt to charge you with murder if your baby died of an infection after doing it.
    Anonymous

• I dont think theres a law about this specifically but it could be VERY unsafe for the baby!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 1:35 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I think you would have to be INSANE to try it.
    Anonymous

• a person could harm the child that way
    Anonymous

• i know of an ob that considered breaking her own, but in the end had a friend do it for her. i think it is insane. i don't even think dr's should do it unless there is a medical emergency.
    i am sure if the baby was injured somehow, if someone wanted to they could press charges for endangerment.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:11 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• yeah it wouldn't be good at all... what if you broke your water at home and the cord came out? that will kill the baby and it would be your fault for doing that.. that would be crazy to even think about doing....
    Anonymous

• That is sooooo unsafe and so wrong!!! How do ANYONE know when their baby should be born? Why do Moms want so much control over something that should take place naturally? WHY force it? You have no clue when the baby is ready to be born. I am shocked.
    Anonymous

• I don't think its illegal but breaking the bag of waters is risky when done in the hospital by doctors so its very irresponsible to even attempt it. The number one risk of breaking the bag of water is cord prolapse and that is reason for an immediate c-section, if you are on your own at home and you have a cord prolapse it could have devastating results.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 2:26 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I think the ramifications of the danger you pose to your child (and, frankly, yourself) far outweigh any consequence the legal system can dish out. But I don't think there's a law against it, no. There are so many reasons not to do it, such as cord prolapse, infection, puncturing your cervix, perforating your uterus, puncturing the baby, requiring a c-section, and more.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:29 AM on Mar. 17, 2010