How's the crime rate for your city?

Go to http://www.areaconnect.com/ and search for your town/city.

My town is ranked worse than the national average, but I feel safe here!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:25 PM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• My town indicates better than the national average. But not on rapes...there were 6 in 2006! Wow!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 1:29 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• 7608 crimes. IDK how that "rates" though.
    Anonymous

• Our town isn't even big enough to be listed,lol... We live in the country and our town is a pop of 600. No crime that I know of except for running the one and only stop sign in town,lol....
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 1:31 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• My area rates better than average. I looked it up before moving here and was very pleased to learn this. When we got here, we found that of the people we've met, very few actually even lock their front doors!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 1:31 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• You think 6 rapes is bad? We had 62!!!
    Overall, MUCH worse than national average.. but we already know that. I've been told that we are in the top 10 "bad" cities in the US.
    Anonymous

• My town is not listed at all, I tried to look at the next "biggest" town to us and it was not listed either..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 1:32 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Ours was worse than average. Doesn't surprise me, every year they keep a tally on how many murders have happened since the New Year. The most recent murder is usually the top news story at 6.
    tracy0812

Answer by tracy0812 at 1:37 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• pills. heroin, bad drunks. i dont need a census. its crazy bc its all mix match, nice street bad street ect. im working on getting the hell out.
    heyjudeboy1223

Answer by heyjudeboy1223 at 1:37 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I don't really want to know. I live in a suburb,...actually a small town near farms...and we have some dorky redneck types and some conservative families but not a whole lot of crime. I think. But what good would it do for me to know? I try to mind my own business and be a good citizen and not bother anyone. Isn't that the best we can all do?
    Anonymous

• i wanna live farther out of the city but im kind of afraid to be so far from everything bc ive never known not to have such easy acess to places. you have to really move far to get out of hell around here. i live in cov, ky just outside of cincinnati
    heyjudeboy1223

Answer by heyjudeboy1223 at 1:49 PM on Mar. 16, 2010