whooping cough???

my dd goes to karate.there is a little boy there that has an awful cough. he is bright red and he cant breath.im thinking whooping cough.he has had this for about 3 weeks,.im thinking i better not catch this. so 2 weeks ago my dd comes down with scarlet fever.i think this kid had something to do with it.so wed. she has karate again.one woman already said something.i want to tell the man who runs the karate studio that this kid is so sick...is this my business .should i shut up or say something?my dd is 10 and this littleboy is about 2.

cleo1977

Asked by cleo1977 at 1:31 PM on Mar. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• He probably just has exercised induced asthma.
    Anonymous

• I would bring it up. I would say something to the mom. Like hey how is your son doing I noticed he has been coughing is it getting better?
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 1:33 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• the little boy doesnt karate he watches his brother....i have exercise induced asthma and this isnt it....the sad thing is he cough isnt getting better its getting worse.he almost threw up yesterday...
    cleo1977

Answer by cleo1977 at 2:04 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• you can find websites to see if his cough is whooping...
    the thing about protecting your dd from viruses is to be sure that she sleeps well, eats well, plays well, loves well...
    viruses only attack weak cells.
    the good thing about catching a virus is that your body can purge itself of weak cells.
    personally, i wouldn't worry about it...but that is me, i don't worry about germs.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:09 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Absolutely bring it up. People shouldn't be bringing children that sick to class. A runny nose or whatever, eh. But a cough that strong? No. I know that some people get all excited and say they don't worry about germs, etc. I think it's a bit ridiculous myself, and these people are usually the ones that are bringing their sick kids everywhere. Sick children aren't healthy, and constantly getting sick isn't healthy, either. So, I get tired of the "when they get sick it builds their immune system" crap of an argument. If your kid is sick, stay home.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 4:56 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• ummm, whiterose...so far my kids get one cold a year. no biggie. never been vaccinated, never had a tylenol, motrin, antibiotic.
    we do not fear the germs. a cough is a healthy body's way of clearing the mucus. suppressing a cough is not healthy. you will only fall prey to a virus if you are weak.
    now, when my kids have their colds, we do not go out. we stay home and rest, b/c that is what i believe their bodies need, but i never worry when out in public that my kids will catch something.
    anyhow, op...did you google whooping cough and get a sound byte? it is a pretty distinct sound.
    www.whoopingcough.net/symptoms.htm
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:46 PM on Mar. 16, 2010