Should I?

My husband and 2yr old son both love this cat we just got. I also love cats-but on the other hand, i am very allergic. ive been having breathing problems, sneezing stuff nose and runny an stuffy nose. I have to take meds everyday just to keep it mildly underwraps. should i keep the cat cause everyone else likes it? or rip it cause its making me miserable, im also prego.

JaydnsMom22

Asked by JaydnsMom22 at 1:32 PM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Pets

• um, why RIP? Seriously, you would put a pet down instead of trying to find it a new home?!
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:51 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• nooo! omg, i ment or get rid of it! lol...i would never kill an animal!
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 1:54 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• A cat is a good 15 year obligation, at least. If you're not willing to spend that amount of time fighting your allergy I'd consider rehoming it, ideally with a friend or family member where your family can still visit/get updates. I'ma HUGE animal lover but no one should suffer years of allergies to make the rest of the household happy. Hopefully, at least your husband will understand and support your decision. Good luck, momma!
    Anonymous

• Would you keep it if it was your son's allergies? Your DHs?

Flip the scale there... you'll figure it out soon enough.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 3:43 PM on Mar. 17, 2010

• try finding a natural food store there is a supplement that you can put under your tongue to help your allergies.
    countrymama6608

Answer by countrymama6608 at 2:35 PM on Mar. 18, 2010