STROLLER use with more than one child?

So for my first my mom bought me a really nice jeep stroller, now im expecting again and i need a duo stroller, but honestly we didnt use the first one that often...do you use your stroller more when you have more than one child...or ab the same amount as before...i hate spending all this money on something im not going to use much!! but it seems silly to not have one!?

sweetstkissez22

Asked by sweetstkissez22 at 1:38 PM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• we did go and buy a double stroller and we use it tons. and actually we use it so much that now we have a second on. The first one we got is a sit and stand that can just be used as a double stroller as well, so it has the 2 seat that you can convert one seat into the sit and stand part. We usually kept booth baby seats in except when we went trick or treating and new she'd be in and out alot. But we also have a side by side jogging stoller for when we're at outside events. The sit and stand deluxe is great for paved roads and to go threw buildings and doorways, but it's not the best in the grass, and our side by side is to wide to go threw most doorways. But we did get both of them for about $150 all total, and we love them, but it is an investment. Are you planning on having more kids that would use it, if not, the older child will probably start wanting to walk more soon and you may end up going back to a single stoller.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 1:50 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I wouldnt buy a new one. Just keep the first stroller and if youre comfortable with it, put your oldest in the stroller and your baby in a wrap and wear him/her.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 1:41 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• When I was preggo with baby #2 I was CERTAIN that I needed a double stroller. We just never had the money for one, so I didn't get one. Now, baby #2 is 5 months old & I have not once thought, "Oh, I wish I had a double stroller." MAYBE this summer I will feel that way, but so far no. We use the travel system stroller for the new baby & an umbrella stroller for our 2 year old, if he needs one. He's very much into walking most of the time. OR the 2 year old goes in the "big stroller" & baby goes in a sling. That's probably how things will be this summer. Depending on the age of your 1st one, I'd say hold off for a while & see if you REALLY need one before dropping that kind of cash on something you may really be able to live without.
    charity987

Answer by charity987 at 1:42 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• if you didnt use it,go for it,its funny cause thats what i used the most and i think i would have to get a new one
    Anonymous

• I guess it depends on your lifestyle. My first 2 children were 16 months apart in age. I was a SAHM, and we walked to a lot of places: library, park, restaurants, friends homes, craft fairs, block parties, etc. I used my stroller daily. In fact, I ended up going through 2 double strollers.
    Anonymous

• It does depend on your lifestyle. If you'll be out by yourself a lot with both of them you might appreciate having a stroller, but you could definitely try using a sling or snugglie for the baby for a while and putting the older one in the stroller; you'll know within a few months if you really will use a double stroller. If your older one is ready to walk and stay with you or does well with a harness, then the single stroller and a harness might be good. I have twins, and once they outgrew infant seats I didn't use my double stroller much.
    Anonymous

• THANKS guys..my first will be about 16 months by the time the baby gets here...im looking at buying a sit and stand stroller...my first is into walking...but definitely not enough that we could go to the mall and he could be walking the whole day outside or something...and i cant wear a sling or wrap, i tried with my son...and failed miserably...my boobs are too big and i could not get comfy with it...my SO wore a sling and loved it though lol!! that was the cutest thing ever!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 2:17 PM on Mar. 16, 2010