Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For those with flat feet...

I have flat feet and they are starting to bother me. My doctor recommened that I get inserts/arch supports for my shoes. What are some good brands? I don't want to start out with anything too expensive right away, although I will spend the money if I have to in order to have less pain.



Asked by YzmaRocks at 1:44 PM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Health

Level 10 (386 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • i think the dr. scholls semi custom orthotics are about $50. they are likely to hurt at first. if you wear them for 20 minutes a day for a while until you get used to them would be best. i actually got knee pain when i first started wearing my orthotics. some running shoes have additional arch supports, if you could go to a running shoe store where they actually fit you for shoes, that would be best.
    the thing about your feet is that they actually have 3 arches, so custom supports are best...but also, a bit more expensive :(

    Answer by happy2bmom25 at 1:59 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

  • IDK, I have flat feet but have never used them, the hurt my feet too bad

    Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:50 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

  • Maybe Dr. Scholls? I have no idea....

    Answer by Aqua_Jen at 1:50 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

  • I htink your best bet is custom arch supports. My mom has them and it helps alot!

    Answer by ria7 at 3:06 PM on Mar. 16, 2010