For those with flat feet...

I have flat feet and they are starting to bother me. My doctor recommened that I get inserts/arch supports for my shoes. What are some good brands? I don't want to start out with anything too expensive right away, although I will spend the money if I have to in order to have less pain.

Thanks!

YzmaRocks

Asked by YzmaRocks at 1:44 PM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Health

• i think the dr. scholls semi custom orthotics are about $50. they are likely to hurt at first. if you wear them for 20 minutes a day for a while until you get used to them would be best. i actually got knee pain when i first started wearing my orthotics. some running shoes have additional arch supports, if you could go to a running shoe store where they actually fit you for shoes, that would be best.
    the thing about your feet is that they actually have 3 arches, so custom supports are best...but also, a bit more expensive :(
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 1:59 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• IDK, I have flat feet but have never used them, the hurt my feet too bad
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:50 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Maybe Dr. Scholls? I have no idea....
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 1:50 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I htink your best bet is custom arch supports. My mom has them and it helps alot!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:06 PM on Mar. 16, 2010