Did you know creditors do this?

They call as much as they want between 8 am and 8 pm. When we answer, they either don't say anything or hang up! In infuriates me! So I called the number back and demanded they stop it! The lady said "we call to see what times you are home during the day so that our customer service rep can call you"! WTH! All to sell us a plan that cost $1.00 in case we lose our jobs and can't pay them! Since demanding they stop my phone rarely rings!
Has this happened to you?

mamaada

Asked by mamaada at 1:45 PM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No, that hasn't happened to me but it's illegal for them to call outside of different times.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 2:06 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I have never heard of that... But telemarketers are so inconsiderate!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 1:49 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I don't have trouble with creditors, but I do have trouble with 1 solicitor. I am on the "Do Not Call" list and they still call. Last week, I asked for their mailing address and the lady said "1600 Pennsylvania Ave." I told her I didn't think so, she said if I had a problem with them calling me I should direct it there....sheesh...like I could get any help from the White House!

I have a whistle ready for them the next time they call.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 1:50 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• According to the Fair Credit Reporting Act, you can write the creditor and tell them you wish to only communicate via mail. They can't call you after they have received notice, or they can be subject to a $100 fine per occurrence.

Telemarketers are different, you can be put on the "do not call" list, but it will take awhile for the calls to stop. If they call, you can request they do not call you again, and then report them if they do.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 1:52 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• If I see a phone number that is obviously a telemarketer, I don't answer and then I block their number.My phone will block phone numbers. I hate telling people I don't want to renew their magazines or that I won't ask my neighbors to contribute to a charity. They are always asking me to send donation envelopes to all my neighbors....Grrrrr. The call blocking is a wonderful feature of my phone---it is a Land line,not a cell phone,by the way.
    Anonymous

• If they're trying to sell you some worthless crap (or anything you didn't ask for) they are not creditors. Creditors are people trying to get you to pay the money you owe them. I occasionally get some kind of telemarketer call that slips through. I just hang up on them.
    Anonymous

• i have had that problem since we got our number changed and these people were actually tryin to contact someone else..they call and hang up then i call back and tell them to stop calling after the 5 day of them callin 6 times a day i called back and talked to the supervisor and told them the next time any of their representatives calls im turning them in to the BBB cause i was tired of the harassment and that woman doesnt live at this phone number..
    Anonymous

• A long time ago when I was irresponsible and didn;t pay my bills this happened I hadn't slept all nite due to having a newborn I get a phone call at 5 a.m. from them..I think you should just pay your bills and this wouldn't happen
    Anonymous

• Yup I know that. There is a guy every 3 yrs we start getting phone calls for him. So I have to explain to these people that he has lied and does not live here. Everyone has been really nice about it. but once I had a lady yell at me saying I was lieing and shame on me. Well I was so upset at her and said shame on you and I want to talk to your supervisor. Well she hung up. Haha to her. I called the number back and talked to someone about it. They said they would take care of it and sorry for that.

Anonymous

• Do not call list asap.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 3:13 PM on Mar. 16, 2010