home healing, holyistic meds, cronic pain

my husband suffers from cronic neck and back pain, the doc keeps precribing pain relievers but nothing works, im wondering if there are any herbal and or other solutions to this.

Asked by koolmom343 at 5:08 PM on Jun. 26, 2008 in Health

• My husband has problems with his neck and back as well. Currently he sees a chiropractor, and sometimes sees one that specializes in "Upper Cervical". It has helped a lot. And I know this sounds silly, but if your husband cracks his neck tell him to STOP. My husband had been doing this because he said it felt like he "needed to" and when he did it he felt relief. Well, recently he stopped cracking it and suddenly his neck is feeling a lot better day to day!

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 5:13 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• A chiroprator is an excellent source for treatment, therapy and herbal supplements. If conventional methods are not working give it a try. Just ask your friends and family for a good one. There are good and bad in every profession. Hope he feels better soon.

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 5:25 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• I would check out the Chiropractors as well. My brother is one, and there are a lot of new techniques available other then "popping and cracking". Hope things get better soon.

Answer by onebeautifulmom at 5:43 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• Chiropractors are good docs. Your husband could also try acupuncture-which has worked for many-a ailments for ppl I know. Does your husb work at a desk all day or labor work? Either way I know it maybe hard but I would try to ask him to start a stretching excersize routine.

• I know of a good pain relieving cream that goes deeper than BenGay and those types of rubs. If you want more info, PM me.

Answer by MentorByDesign at 4:02 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Ice packs, Heat packs, and "biofreeze". You cna get that on or Whole food stores. Keep on doing strengthening exercises. Look into PT and go to the pool. I have chronic back and neck pain for over 9 years and these always work. Remember sitting too long can have make it worse. If he can take breaks and walk or stand and then go sit down. That helps too. Try looking into a TENS unit. Without mine, I would not be able to type this answer.

Answer by rosesharon at 4:24 PM on Sep. 4, 2008

• Oh yes, massage works wonders for me too!

Answer by rosesharon at 4:25 PM on Sep. 4, 2008

• Rather than trying herbal medicine, it might help to take a look at things that might affect his spine and his balance- all which can affect his back. Make sure to look at how he sleeps and the mattress/pillows and even the type of shoes he wears. My Prevention Buzz Blogs has some other tips to try that might help alleviate the pain - good luck!

Answer by healthygirl0913 at 1:15 PM on Sep. 20, 2008