Republicans for the health care reform bill?

This Republican, a former Illinois congressman is all for the health-care reform bill and thinks other Republicans should be too. What do you think?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/health/ct-perspec-0314-lahood-20100314,0,3364029.story

DEpley

Asked by DEpley at 1:54 PM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I love the Union Label! Made in USA and proud of it!
    Anonymous

• http://www.chicagotribune.com/health/ct-perspec-0314-lahood-20100314,0,3364029.story
    DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 1:54 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• you had me at former Illinois congressman. Reading the article I believe the exact opposite as him. I guess that means that not all fiscal conservatives are alike.

Anonymous

• Ray LaHood, a former Republican congressman from Illinois, is secretary of transportation in the Obama administration.

This just goes to prove that just cause you're a Republican doesn't mean anything, I think the word is rino? Thank God he's not voting for this bill. This is Obama's way of reaching across the isle and being bi-partisan? Sounds like they pretty much agree on the issues to me, no wonder Obama appointed LaHood as Secretary of Transportation, just another one of his pawns.

Sweet_Faith

Answer by Sweet_Faith at 2:32 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I did notice you said "former" congressman. He can for it if he wants. Republicans are not of one brain. We do think for ourselves and make our own decisions. I know that is an unfamiliar concept for liberals who all seem to tap into one central brain, one set of talking points, one vote...........one thought............
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 2:38 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• ****He can be for it...***
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 2:39 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I think so what..I have my own views/opinions
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:43 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• We do have progressive republicans, just one less we have to weed out.
    Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 2:47 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Well, Arlen Specter was a Democrat before he switched parties and became a Republican--he would be what is known as a RINO...Republican In Name Only! Which means he DOESN'T actually believe in the ideals that Republicans/Conservatives do--he just wants to PRETEND he is one!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:20 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Republicans for the health care reform bill?  NO THANKS  THE BILL IS BAD TO THE BONE... DONT PASS IT EVER.. GO TO CANADA AND LIVE .. ALL GOVERMENT PEOPLE SHOULD DO IT ALSO AND THEY WILL NOT DO THIS BILL FOR THERE SELFS ... CHICKENS

Anonymous