Ok ladies, I need ideas on something to give my husband the day of our sons birth.

I thought it would be nice to give him something, other than the birth of our child, on the big day. This is our last child and I want it to be special. I have looked at dad rings but I dont like them and he wont wear anything other than his wedding ring. I thought about giving him a stainless steel key chain with DAD on the front and maybe something engraved on the back? All ideas welcome!!! I dont want to spend over 150.00

nakoal87

Asked by nakoal87 at 2:20 PM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• the baby isnt enough?
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 2:23 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• The key chain is a good idea. A wallet, perhaps?

Answer by Bmat at 2:24 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• The keychain sounds like a good idea. If he works in an office you might consider getting a nice frame to put a picture of all your children.
    Anonymous

• maybe you could make a photo book of the current family at shutterfly.com then on the last page of the book say "I'm ready to start a new chapter with you" or something like that. It would be a good keepsake for both of you and you could make another one of the babys first year and keep the collection going.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:31 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Give him a six-pack, a pizza gift card, 'guy' DVDs, and some down-time for just himself and a buddy or two. Chances are he's been there through thick and thin for you and the kids during the pregnancy and will be gearing up for duty after the birth.
    Anonymous

• Anon 53 The day of the birth?!?!?!? WTF?! He will be at the hospital with me. And he can have a six pack and a pizza when he gets home. Something more sentimental is what I had in mind.
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 3:01 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• The keyring does sound good, with your kids' names and birthdays engraved on the back.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:04 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I got my husband an engraved pocket watch....he loved it, but then again he's into that kind of thing.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 12:37 AM on Mar. 17, 2010