is it too early to have a night away?

pattys day is my bo and my favorite holiday. my sister who is truted has offered to keep the baby from 4pm to 10am the next morn so we can go have some drinks and enjoy our holiday. im not sure if i will be able to enjoy myself but we have no breaks. work baby work baby.... my mom is unable to stay with the baby and his mother is long passed away. but is it just too earl? hes almost 3 mo....

heyjudeboy1223

Asked by heyjudeboy1223 at 2:25 PM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Listen my DD will be 2 yrs old in May and my hubby and I haven't left her yet. So I would say if you trust your sister and you feel good in your gut to go and have a good time with your hubby then go ahead. Our family leaves a few hours away and we don't know anyone in our area.
    Anonymous

• if you are comfortable with it, then go for it

My ds was 7 mos the first time he stayed with my parents, now he spends at least 2 nights a month with them (he is 4 now)
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:30 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I would never do it. Of course if wouldn't have been an option for me because I would have been breastfeeding.

You and your baby should have a symbiotic relationship. Having his mother ripped away and for so long should be devistating for him. If you never had that kind of relationship then I guess it doesn't matter. Some moms want their babies to be able to be cared for by anyone. If that's your style then go for it.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:32 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• ok Gaill.. that was way uncalled for.

I breastfed and I did it, it can be done... I breastfed for 18 mos...
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:34 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• A night out will not hurt you or the baby. It's not like you are dumping your baby with every person you know and going out to party non stop. A night out every few months does good.
    Anonymous

• I think it would be great, as long as you and the baby are comfortable with your sister watching him/her. Keep the phone close by, and I wouldn't go anywhere that you can't get back within an hour. I know the first time I went to dinner, I broke down crying, and had to come home right after we ordered drinks.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 2:40 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I couldn't leave one of mine overnight at that age, but if you feel comfortable with it go ahead. this is a very personal decision, and not everyone is going to have the same opinion.
    Anonymous

• It would be too early for me, but as parent that's a decision for you to make. I didn't leave mine until 9 months for overnight.

Answer by missanc at 3:37 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I don't like leaving my baby more than four or five hours (for work, or for an occasional night out). That amout of time over night would be way too long for me. And I'd be terribly engorged to boot.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 3:39 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• You can breastfeed unless the baby is nursing from the breast. Feeding breastmilk from a bottle isn't breastfeeding. It's called human milk feeding or bottle feeding or artificial feeding with breastmilk or human milk.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:44 PM on Mar. 16, 2010