Ok ladies, I need ideas on something to give my husband the day of our sons birth. PIOG

I thought it would be nice to give him something, other than the birth of our child, on the big day. This is our last child and I want it to be special. I have looked at dad rings but I dont like them and he wont wear anything other than his wedding ring. I thought about giving him a stainless steel key chain with DAD on the front and maybe something engraved on the back? All ideas welcome!!! I dont want to spend over 150.00

nakoal87

Asked by nakoal87 at 2:40 PM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Would he wear a cross engraved with dear baby's birth date and first initials of everyone and last initial?

Or a pocket watch or wrist watch engraved?

A chain i d band for his wrist engraved appropriately?
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 2:45 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Gee wiz he should be getting you something! My dh gets me their birthstone in large stud earings I have ruby and opal hoping for emeralds on our next try

but how about just a nice gold neck chain?-- something that he'll have forever I think the key chain is not a good idea they get lost and damaged and stuff...
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 2:48 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• No to the necklace and the bracelet. He's not really a jewelry type person. Maybe a watch though... He works all the time and doesn't ever have time to wear something like that though (or something that nice I should say, he wears his fossil to work) ... I may give it to him anyways... Thanks!
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 2:51 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I gave DH a picture frame that holds a few pics that he could take to work of our new family. He really liked it and its not strange to have family pics on your desk. You could get something really basic or even get one engraved, pewter with "our family" or something on it etc. Just nothing too babish would be my suggestion. I picked out two- one a stainless steel color and the other black or espresso. clean lines etc.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 3:11 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• He's a welder. He doesn't work at a desk :(
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 3:17 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• MELRN you make me laugh. When I was pregnant with out first baby then due any day, my husband refused to get me a mother's day gift cuz "I wasn't a mother" When our son was born he paid up good for that remark, he knew after messing up that mother's day he'd best pay up!!!!

op 0- does your husband read books? Some men don't I know like mine -if it's not a computer magazine it's not worthy of his eyes lol maybe your husband would appreciate a father-child book for him to fill out on daddy's thoughts in pregnancy and baby's pix and accomplishments mixed in with his own few comments on childhood.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 3:29 PM on Mar. 16, 2010