Should i teach my son about god if i dont believe?

heyjudeboy1223

Asked by heyjudeboy1223 at 2:56 PM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• You should let your son have an open mind to all religions, but you should also share what you believe. Just make sure he maes his own decision on what to believe.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 2:57 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• He sould know the basics and know the basic Bible stories since we live in a Christian country.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:57 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I am not religious, never tought my DD's about God. You do what you want.

Answer by louise2 at 2:59 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• i dont want to push him but it would be nice if he believed what i did. but as you say it is a christian country.....
    heyjudeboy1223

Answer by heyjudeboy1223 at 3:00 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• yes, because he is going to come in contact with kids all the time where God is talked about. I would be non judgemental and explain different world religions and beliefs and explain your own beliefs to him.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 3:00 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I wanted to go to church with my kids in the early years because I believed in God but barely. I felt I owed it to my kids to give them a basis of knowledge of a religion that because almost all of our country, the U S, no matter income or race has a religious background of teachings and belief. I didn't want my kids to not know what the rest of the world's children and adults know so well.
    Anonymous

• I agree with ryansmom001 totally.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 3:02 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Which one?
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 3:04 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I agree with MamaK. There are thousands of gods out there. I think a basic education in religion is necessary, but you shouldn't expect him to BELIEVE in any gods, especially if you don't.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:06 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I have no idea what I believe, however, my son has read the bible...knows more about it than I do. He has also read The Satanic Bible(LaVey) and watches other religious shows and reads books on others. He just asked if I could take him to a Catholic church so he could see about it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:07 PM on Mar. 16, 2010