I feel like I am the only one.

I am a member of the car seat group because I feel very strongly about car seat safety. However, I recently chose to forward face my almost two year old son. I almost feel like people are avoiding me because I do this, like I'm the plague or something. Anyone else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:59 PM on Mar. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• It's just one more thing for mom's to bash each other about. Sorry if I seem bitter, but I am over all the arguments about breastfeeding, circumcision, co-sleeping, spanking, I could go on! Now its how long you leave your kid rear facing, and if they're not teenagers when you finally let them forward face, then you're a bad mom who should have her kids taken away! I am VERY VERY anal about how my kids are buckled in, and how their car seats are installed, so don't get me wrong, I get the sentiment, but people just get down right nasty if someone does something a little different. I'm not a perfect mom, but I love my kids and do the best that I can and that's all I ask of any mother. As long as you're not abusing your kid, I could care less how you raise them. If people are making you feel bad for making that choice, then its time to find new friends!
    Anonymous

• What's so wrong with forward facing? My dd is 20 months old and has been forward facing for months.
    Anonymous