Why is my hair so dirty/oily looking after I shampoo and condition it?

I just had a baby in January. I noticed this last week that after I shampoo and condition my hair it is oily and dirty looking. It has NEVER been like this before. I shampoo and condition every other day. I don't know what to do! HELP!!

sbertram22

Asked by sbertram22 at 3:03 PM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• change shampoo
    Anonymous

• Stop washing and conditioning it ever other day. Or just was it, no conditioner.

Answer by louise2 at 3:06 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• was means, wash

Answer by louise2 at 3:07 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Get a clarifying shampoo. It will seriously make a huge difference. Get Redkin Clarifying, you can only find it in certain salons but i promise you it is worth it. My hair was the same way until i started using this again. You prolly have all the gunk on it that doesnt wash out easily.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 3:09 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Stop using shampoo and conditioner. Make a paste with baking soda and apple cider vinegar. It will take your scalp a couple of weeks to adjust.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:54 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• find a detangler rather than a conditioner. And use a clarifying shampoo as another poster said.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:55 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I agree with trying a clarifying shampoo, use it every other time you wash your hair to prevent build up. Chances are this is caused by hormones, over conditioning and too much hair product. Your hair changes after you give birth. I know a lot of women lose their hair after child birth so hair changes are normal and probably not permanent.
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 11:54 PM on Mar. 22, 2010