When is to soon to potty train?

My 18 month old daughter acts like she is ready to potty train, but i am not exactly sure. Being a new mom and never going through this, when is a good time to start, and what actions should i look for from her?

Amanda244

Asked by Amanda244 at 3:09 PM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• get her own potty chair and take in when you go in. She may be ready every child is different.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 3:14 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I started DD at 14 months because she was interested. She was fully trained by 18 months (except nights). She is 21 months now, and still not night trained.
    Anonymous

• Oh, and I forgot to add, I would take her to the store, let her pick out her own undies (go STRAIGHT TO UNDIES, SKIP THE PULL UPS!) and potty chair. Take her in there every 30-45 min. Praise, praise, praise when she does well. Do NOT yell when she has an accident, it will happen for a while, just tell her, "We go potty on the toilet" and leave be. If she's not ready, you'll know.
    Anonymous

• My DD is 22 months old and we have started. If your child can keep a dry diaper for 2 hours and is interested in the potty then go ahead and sit her down a few times a day.

You can also go to huggies.com/pottytraining
    GL momma and DD :~)
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:16 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Yes straight to undies! If she is ready she will be trained in one week!
    Anonymous

• You can start whenever you feel that she is ready. I am working with my now 20 mo and we started exposing her to the potty when she was 15 mos. We just got a hand me down and I cleaned it really well. We are still using diapers b/c she is only wearing 12 mo clothes and they don't make training pants that small. I would go straight to training pants and skip the pull ups and I would look into the many different methods there are to train. Find a method that will work well for both you and her. I wish you luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:14 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• do it! I just finished potty training my 18 mo daughter, took us 1 week exactly. If you can, try 3daypottytraining.com - it really works!! Just be committed and don't give up. You will be so happy and so proud that you did!
    Anonymous