Have you ever used an "upper" such as meth or cocaine to have enough energy to do everything you have to do?

I am just wondering because I watched a documentary on the history channel about typical "soccer moms" using crystal meth and cocain just to have enough energy to get all the things they need to do on a daily basis done, just to keep up with everything.
I'm not bashing (nor am I considering this as an option for myself), I just really want to know, am very curious. I mean, I can see how it can come to that when a person may feel so overwhelmed with everything that they have to do,even if in the long run it harms their bodies.

The documentary was really sad.
Not sure where to post this so I'm just putting it under health.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:29 PM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Health

• I have done them both in my younger days and yes it gave me energy but both of that stuff is nasty! Dont even know why I did them. I guess just experimenting.

Watch this video and tell me why anyone would ever want to do that stuff!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jH1zql_fQI
    rochellecole

Answer by rochellecole at 3:42 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I was a meth addict for 4-5 years but I didn't do it to get everything done, even though my house was spick and span I did it because I was hooked. I've been clean for several years and I have become so ANTI drugs its not even funny. I probably am a bit overboard on the anti drug kick but I have been there and done that and I have ZERO respect for people who do shit like that. I would rather have some dishes in the sink or have my son be 10 minuets late to practice then get f'd up.
    Anonymous

• No. And I often wondered where some mom's get enough energy to do so much. I guess now I know.
    Anonymous

• Yes, in my past, I did. I did it to sustain my dancing career and again, later as a cosmetologist. Drug usage shouldn't be encouraged, under any circumstances and let it be known that I've been clean for some time. However, have you ever been backstage, of either an arena or Opera House, to check out the professional dancers or football players and see if they're being injected with something to maintain optimum performance? Have you ever witnessed the injuries or pain that they must work through? Would you be willing to let your hairdresser take a lunch break, right before your appointment? Would you feel comfortable seeing her eat, while working on your hair? LOL. Not a pretty picture, but food for thought.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 3:37 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I was addicted to cocaine and heroin for 6 yrs and not by any means did I do it to get me going or to sleep. I did it to not deal with life on life's terms. I have been clean off ALL drugs for 4 yrs and my life is everything and more then i ever thought that it could ever be.

Anonymous

• I haven't done drugs in about 3 years but I can see how someone could get hooked on it for the energy alone. I would do a line of coke and my house would get cleaned in no time at all. The problem with these addicting drugs is that they really work, in the beginning. Then you get hooked and the need for them become greater than the purpose.
    Anonymous

• Thank you for the video. I have the full length version, at home, and have had my children watch it. The full length version was made by a cop and also included the history of chrystal meth. It was originally (reported to be) created in Asia and given to soldiers so that they would fight more and sleep/eat less. It is also, reported to be, given to Asian employees by their Bosses to increase productivity. (Note: Their police kill both the drug dealer and use). Drug usage is merely a symptom of a much bigger issue that needs to be addressed in order for addicts to cease it's usage. Pray for them and remind yourself "There goes I, but for the grace of God."
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 4:04 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Not at all. Meth and Crack, etc are BAD for you and are highly addictive and hell to get off. If you don't die from detox, you will wish you had. Why risk the legal and medical/health issues to have extra energy to be a parent? So not worth the risk to me.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:12 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Wow, thanks for that video.
    K-e-r-i

Answer by K-e-r-i at 8:20 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I have joking suggested to my husband he bring adderall home from the hospital. I wouldn't ever do it, but some days... it is so tempting. Stupid, though.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 10:36 PM on Mar. 16, 2010