What are your experiences with meditation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:54 PM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am BiPolar & have a lot of issues with focus because of that. Meditation is something that's very hard for me to do because focus is such a large part of the practice. However, with time I have gotten much better and have seen a positive impact on my life because of it. I have been able to see my stress level lowered and I have learned how to do "mini meditations" when I see myself starting to become stressed or angry which has helped me control myself and bring a more positive attitude in to my life...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:01 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I go to a meditation group (almost) every Sunday. We do a guided Meditation and then go around the circle and share our individual experiences.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 4:01 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• It's great. I've even used it during child birth to avoid the use of pain killers. It worked very well. I did feel pain, but not to the degree you would without.
    Anonymous

• It can be very powerful if practiced regularly. Its difficult because it takes practice to really focus yourself for extended periods of time.  Unfortunately I'm don't spend as much time as I used to in prayer and meditation, and I really miss it. Hopefully as my kids grow older I can become more disciplined about it.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:37 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• That I need to do it more often because its very calming and helps me connect with my inner self.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:50 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I meditate often, and it really helps keep me balanced and relax.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 9:13 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I have an attention disorder, so I find it impossible to just stop and meditate. I need a candle flame or a crystal in my hand or music to help me focus and to help me stop thinking about the thousand other matters that go thru my mind. I feel the need for my meditation sometimes and wish I could just do it anywhere. It is such a good way to put things into perspective and bring on calm.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 2:48 PM on Mar. 17, 2010