vDo you still drink water directly from the faucet w/o filtering first?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:14 PM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Food & Drink

• No. We have an 8 stage reverse osmosis and de-ionization filter with carbon and some other fancy membrane sub-filters.

Every municipal water system publishes an annual report on water quality. You can get it on line. They are mailed with your paper bill once every year. If you have a well, you can contact the Extension Service and they will test your water for free every year.

Now just because the water quality "passes" doesn't mean it's good. The water quality report does not test for psychotropic drug residues, BPA, endocrine disrupting chemicals, hormones, phthalates, etc. Also, the allowable amounts of most heavy metals are insane! We also don't use fluoride of any kind and want it removed from our water.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 5:51 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• back in NC I did, the water was fine. Now that I'm in FL, heck no! this water is nasty without a filter!
    Anonymous

• I don't filter my water. I have been in areas where the water was nasty and I always filtered it there, but here we have good water...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:15 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I have a water filter attached to my sink. The water coming out of the faucet is filtered.
    Anonymous

• Your city should be able to give you information so that you can decide whether or not to filter...they usually mail it to my house once a year or something....and yes, I drink out of the faucet because the water where I live is safe.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 4:17 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Your city should be able to give you information so that you can decide whether or not to filter.

More info please. OP
    Anonymous

• I live in Seattle and drink it out of the faucet.... but when I was in AZ i wouldn't dare lol
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 4:21 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• When i lived in a (fairly small) town it had 15k people i didnt filter it since it was good water but now we moved out of town and its rural water im filtering it untill i get familier with the house..........
    shortycmlb

Answer by shortycmlb at 4:31 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Yes, we drink from the tap without filtering first.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 4:35 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I live on base near Tacoma, and I drink it straight from the faucet. There have been places we've lived where I've had to either filter or like in Spain just drink only bottled water, but here it is fine. I am thinking of getting a Brita water pitcher though just to keep cold water in the fridge over the summer.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:38 PM on Mar. 16, 2010