Is it possible that no one religion is the "right" one, or is there only one source of truth in the universe?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:21 PM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• No one "right" path. They probably all lead to the same path, all going up that proverbial mountain but there isnt just one way to get to that top.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:51 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• There is no ONE TRUE PATH, we must each find our OWN TRUE PATH.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 4:23 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I agree with that. I believe that God is true, no doubt in my mind. But as far as the different denoms I do not feel that ANYONE has 100% truth. That is for us to seek and find :)
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 4:24 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• The Bible doesn't agree with the modern view that there are many acceptable ways to worship God.

Jesus said: “broad and spacious is the road leading off into destruction, and many are the ones going in through it; whereas narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are the ones finding it….Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will…Many will say to me…did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ And yet then I will confess: I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness” Matt.7:13,14,21-23 (&1 Cor.1:10; Eph.4:5).
    Anonymous

• cont...

Repeatedly the Scriptures refer to the body of true Christian teachings as “the truth,” and Christianity is spoken of as “the way of the truth.” (1Tim.3:15; 2John1; 2Pet.2:2) As we, Jehovah's Witnesses, base all our beliefs, standards and organizational procedures on the Bible, our faith in the Bible itself as God’s Word gives us the conviction that what we have is indeed the truth.
    Anonymous

• ALL Paths have SOME truth to them, but there is no one path that is right for everyone because we are all different. Our beliefs and connections with the Divine are each different...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:26 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• In the bible there are 7 true religions but they are not listed. There are many false religions and false prophesies created by the devil to divert us from the truth. There is but one God, no matter what you call him.
    Anonymous

• I am a Christian, and I do follow what the Bible says, but I don't believe that any one DENOMINATION is 100% correct. I do not believe that I have to wear a dress, I do not believe that I have to bow down to everything my husband wants regardless if it is right or wrong, I do not believe that I will go to hell for wearing makeup, I don't believe that if a person makes a mistake that they are never going to be able to be forgiven. I don't think that we are here on this earth to pass judgement on each other and be cruel to other religions but more to show God's way through our actions and our kindness and goodwill towards others. there are parts of every major denomination that I have learned about that I do not agree with. But I do agree with the basics of Christianity.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:34 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Of course it's possible and more probable that this is more likely. Life is not so black and white, and personal beliefs are as far from black and white as anything. There is no absolute certainity within one set of beliefs, except for the person who follows it.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 4:43 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• One Message from the One True God to all of humanity through the chosen Prophets. People have made the differences, not the One True God. This Message taught by Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus..and Muhammad peace & blessings be upon them all was simple. Strive in righteousness for the sake of One God. This life is a test for each of us even though God has the answers..we do not, answers will come in the Hereafter and until then we strive to do good and put our trust in our Creator, this comes with guidance when we are sincere in our actions, words, and most importantly our intentions. aka: ISLAM.
    muhajjirah

Answer by muhajjirah at 4:44 PM on Mar. 16, 2010