So, we got our census form today. What do we actually HAVE to answer?

Do they want to know how many times we take a crap now too?

Bethsunshine

Asked by Bethsunshine at 4:47 PM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Every question you don't answer detracts from a number that some politician will cite later to screw you out of something you should be entitled to. When they say they want to move a district line to the left and gerrymander you into the next one over where your vote will be useless, they will use the census data, including numbers that are lower than they would be if you'd answered the questions, to defend it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:58 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Geeze, why are people so damn pissy about a form that you only have to fill out every what? ten years. Just fill it all out. Maybe it will help your community.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:48 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• It takes 2 seconds to fill out. 5 or 6 questions for each person. You're asked pretty much the same thing when taking state tests. Not a big deal!
    Anonymous

• The only thing that will help MY community is if they level all the abandoned buildings and mow down the drug dealers while they're at it.
    Anonymous

• I don't know why it's such a big deal! First everyone wants the government to Give Give Give and then when the government asks you to spend 2 mins every ten years filling out 5 questions so that they can allocate funds it's a big deal... get over it, fill it out, mail it back. If you don't I have to come knock on your door and I don't want to do that!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:51 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• All of it unless you want to pay fines anywhere from $100-$5,000. These penalties have rarely been enforced, but we have never had this type of administration in office that had us in such an economic mess. They will collect from every person they can I fear.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 4:51 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I just finished mine. It took about 3 minutes and there were only a few questions. VERY easy and not invading my privacy...LOL. DOn't worry about it. No big deal.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 4:53 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• our census only asked to list the amount of people in the household, their names, relationships to one another, birthdates. it took like 2 min to fill out. but my husband reading out every race, for each person... now that made it take longer! (yes we are all the same race/ husband/wife. child/child) i wanted to tell him to shut up. he thought it was fun to do. i wanted to go to sleep. he got excited when it said you can check more than one box for your race. i said babe "we're white". and he said but i have native american in me... shouldnt i represent my people. i seriously was going to kick his butt! haha.
    Anonymous

• I think (could be wrong) the only question you legally have to answer if how many people live in your home.

And no I dont want the government to give me anything, and I do not have to tell them anything about my race, my age, ect.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 4:57 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Wow... the questions are so invasive!
    Name?
    sex?
    Age, Birthdate?
    Ethnicity?
    Race?
    Does this person sometime live somewhere else?

I can't believe the government would ask such personal questions. GAWD! I am writing a letter to my congressman. As IF!

Come on people, really? You will look for any little pissy thing to complain about!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:58 PM on Mar. 16, 2010