How do you know you hve a sinus infection?

I've had this horrible head cold for going on two weeks now. Now my ears are starting to hurt really bad. No sign of it going away or getting better. I am a big ol mucus pitt,lol. SOon as I blow my nose, its filled up again. I can actually feel the drainage moving around when I lay my head down or turn it to one side then the other. My throat has been crazy sore ,headache is constant,sometimes a dull pain sometimes a shooting type pain.The mucus I've been blowing out of my nose has been pretty clear, up until today its a little yellowish and one time it was light green. I know, gross right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:53 PM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Health

• Sounds like a sinus infection, go to the doc and get antibiotics or atleast something to help with the sinus pressure and pain. I get about 8 or more sinus infections a year, so I just know and call the doctor and tell him what is wrong. They have been known to call in a prescription for me without seeing me because I know my body so well. Sinus infections are no fun. Hope you feel better.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:14 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• yep, that's a sinus infection. healthy mucus is clear
    Anonymous

• If you wake up and have green or yellow mucus it doesn't mean infection... But if half way through the day there is still color to it, it's an infection and you should seek care.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:55 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Thanks for all the advice everyone! I'm going to go to doc tomorrow.Hope they can give me something, I am pregnant. Makes it feel so much better,lol.
    I've never had sinus problems before.But I figured thats what this was because I also havent had a head "cold" this long before,especially one that got worse ,not better.
    Anonymous