Should this woman get a psychological evaluation?

The main issue are her children.

New Jersey Woman Wants to Weigh 1,000 Pounds
March 16, 2010
FoxNews

Simpson claims she is normal and healthy, and she has a right to eat what she wants and weigh what she wants.

“I love eating and people love watching me eat,” she says. “It makes people happy, and I’m not harming anyone.”

But she needs to use a motor scooter when she goes grocery shopping, because she can't walk more than 20 feet. The human body, after all, is not designed to scarf down 12,000 calories a day in the quest to weigh half a ton.

Simpson is definitely harming someone — herself, says Dr. Carla Wolper, a registered dietitian and research faculty member at the New York Obesity Research Center at St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital in New York.

And you, the taxpayer, could wind up paying for it.

cont

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:55 PM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• "People love watching me eat," she says...I think people are actually watching in the way one watches a car accident. You're horrified but cannot tear your eyes away.

Yes, she needs help.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:09 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Meet Donna Simpson. She's going to cost you. A lot.

Simpson, of Old Bridge, N.J., is 42 years old, has two kids and a boyfriend, and she weighs 602 pounds. That's right ... 602 pounds.

She's on a diet, of course, because she has a goal in mind:

She wants to weigh 1,000 pounds.

That's right ... 1,000 pounds. It's a nice, extra-round figure — almost as big as what her unhealthy choices will ultimately cost taxpayers.

Slideshow: Woman Wants to Be 'World's Fattest'

Dr. Manny's Blog: Woman Aspires to Weigh 1,000 Pounds

Video: Click here to watch a video featuring Simpson
    Anonymous

• Anonymous

• Yes. She does need help. And it better be soon because at her weight, she doesn't have much longer to live. What a screwed up woman.
    Anonymous

• Let eat herself to death... one less person milking the system. I feel terrible for her kids, they are going to be at a higher risk for obesity and they can thank their selfish mother for it.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 5:34 PM on Mar. 16, 2010