If a ton of studies came out that condemned something that you do every day, would you stop doing it?

Say a bunch of studies came out saying ice cream and cake cause cancer. Would you stop eating it? Or if watching TV made your teeth rot.

---HYPOTHETICALLY---

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:02 PM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No people come on here everyday and condemn Christianity and bash Jesus . I still love him the same.
    Anonymous

• I've been trying to quit smoking for 24 years, and I've never succeeded for very long, I'm not sure whether that's a yes or no.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 5:05 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• probably not. Look at the egg issue. First they're good for you,then they're not,then you can have just the whites,then you can have the whole egg just limit it to once a week. Same with coffee!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 5:06 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• if we just use common sense and moderation in all things we should be good to go and even stop things if we choose to but if the study proved something vital i might try to stop
    Anonymous

• If the information gleaned was from different sources and made sense, of course.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 5:30 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I agree with TMJ121099! One study will say one thing. Another study will say another, depending on who is funding them. I love my coffee and eggs, and am so confused about if they're ok or not because these studies keep changing.

So, probably, I wouldn't change anything too drastically. If cake caused cancer, what a sad world I would be in. I love cake.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:42 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Okay that is a funny question. So far just about everything we eat is deadly in some shape or form. I eat the way I want to. I am not overweight, my health is awesome. I eat the same stuff my grandparents did and they are in their 80's. People need to just chill out. Oh i vaccinate too. LOL
    Anonymous

• I would probably still do it. I don't hold a lot of faith in "studies". Look at global warming.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:59 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Yes I do try to stop if it is PROVEN harmful. Like when the stories about the harmful chemicals in dryer sheets and fabric softeners came out, I switched to either using Seventh Generation fabric softener if I really need it, or just a cup of vinegar in with my wash load. When the news about hormones and antibiotics in milk came out, we switched to either organic or guaranteed no hormones or antibiotics. I feel that if something is dangerous to my health or my kids health like that, and it is a very simple fix, why not?
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 7:27 PM on Mar. 16, 2010