Does your husband make you change all the poopy diaper's?

My husband will change a poopy diaper if I'm gone and there is no one else to do it, but if I am at home than he asks me to do it. I don't mind caring for my son, but when I am eating and he's not he still expects me to stop and change the poopy. I think the responsibility should be shared.

jamesmommy12

Asked by jamesmommy12 at 5:21 PM on Mar. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• We "rock, paper, scissors" for every poopy when we are both home. =P
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 7:39 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Mine wont change them unless I ask or tell him too. Mine are both 5 and 26 months so I haven't had to change a diaper (other than my nephew when I watch him) for about 5 or 6 months now. But when they were in diapers if I wasn't home DH would change them if I were home I just odimatically changed them, but if I was in the middle of making dinner or if I was still eating and he was done or if I was in the middle of something else like with my oldest or something I would ask him to change the baby and he would. The only time he wouldn't is if we went to the store or to the dr's office and they needed changed he would ask me to do it lol. But at home and I was bussy yes he would change them.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 5:32 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• lol...he doesn't MAKE me do anything.

its the fact that he throws up and gags up a storm if and when he did. thank goodness we're past the poopy diaper stages, and now its just helping the youngest wipe her bottom.

poor bugger can't even help clean up puke - he's in the corner puking up his own guts.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 5:34 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• have to add- if I was busy or gone, he did change it. but with much dramatics. much to the entertainment of the kids.
    hypermamaz

• Nope...when we are both home, we take turns...period, no matter what comes out. LOL. Then we joke about who gets the poopy ones.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 5:37 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• You are lucky you DH will touch a diaper period. My kids are now 5 years and 3 years and DH has NEVER touched a diaper-poopy or pee. I chaged all of the diapers. I did not like it but the constant arguements were just not worth the trouble. Thank goodness for potty trained kids!
    Anonymous

• My husband has changed MANY poopy diapers. They are his kids too and it isn't a big deal to him. When he is home he changes at least half, and sometime more than half depending on what I am doing when the poopy diaper happens.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:43 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I can barely get him to change a wet diaper much less a poopy one. He has a strong gag reflex and he is weird and hates looking at his daughters privates much less touching them to change a diaper or bathe. He just thinks its wrong.
    xredstarsx

Answer by xredstarsx at 5:50 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• DH stayed home with the kids when they were poopy-diaper aged, so he changed them, since I was at work. If they pooped when I was home, then I'd change it, but not because DH made me.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:51 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I'd call him smart- GL with this one-
    If I could get someone to change all the poopy ones for me, then I'd do it too!
    Anonymous