Which is worse? Pot or Wine?

Scenario #1: A parent smoking pot on their back porch while the kids are sleeping and the other parent in in the house, sober.

Scenario #2: A parent drinking wine (or beer, or other alcoholic beverage) in their house or on their back porch while the kids are sleeping and the other parent in in the house, sober.

spin off of : http://www.cafemom.com/answers/389904/Should_I_talk_to_her_first_or_call_CPS_on_her

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:22 PM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Leaving legalities out of it, I would say they're fairly even. It's about moderation. If someone is drunk out of their mind then they're not fit to parent. Same goes for someone who is stoned out of their tree.

If it's a glass or two of wine, or a beer then there's nothing wrong with it that I can see.
    If they're just a little stoned to take the edge off at the end of the day then big woop.

If there is a sober parent in the house with the kids who are sleeping then who really cares how intoxicated the other one gets? As long as the kids are safe and taken care of and not exposed to it while they're awake then it shouldn't matter.

Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 5:39 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• definitly wine...yes weed is illegal but wine ...or any other alcohol substance can cause alot more issues than a blunt
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 5:25 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• WHAT! IS MOMMY16LOVE FOR REAL? WINE IS DEF BETTER THAN POT AND A LOT MORE CLASSY TOO! OMG
    Anonymous

• wine is a hella worse. I can black out after my 2nd glass. Thats why if i drink it i have to limit myself and drink very slowly. I dont smoke pot any more but it never made me feel like i was going to black out.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:31 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• guess you have to toss me in jail then...I have a glass of wine or a beer after the kids go to bed too.

*gasp*

its not like they're chugging the whole darn bottle...right?
    Anonymous

• I think that it doesn't matter. Go to your local grocery store and look down the multiple alcohol isles. Look really hard. there would not be that much alcohol if it really mattered. Then go to the gas station and look around ask for a blunt wrap or a swisher and note how cheap it is. Or ask for a pack of zig zags. Marijuana used to be legal in the US. Thomas Jefferson, George Washington they smoked it and wanted it to be available to the public. You could pay taxes with weed when this country was started. It is illegal mainly due to lumber lobbyists. Alcohol used to be illegal. It costs billions of dollars to jail non violent offenders who grew MJ. It costs billions of dollars to repair the damages caused by drunk drivers, violent drunken fights and other issuses aroused by booze. But for the average american having a doobie or a drink no harm no foul. In fact teach your kids about both. Knowledge is power.
    skribe

Answer by skribe at 5:32 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• MJ, because it is illegal, and the smoke is inconsiderate of your neighbors.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 5:32 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Pot is illegal, so I suppose there you have my answer.
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 5:33 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I think pot is far worse -
    Anonymous

• I think everything in moderation....but pot is illegal...so wine. I'm just saying "in moderation" because if you dont smoke to get stoned or drink till you cant stand, you can still function. but everyone handles them differently.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 5:52 PM on Mar. 16, 2010