Pedialyte?

My daughter was sick and I was giving her pedialyte between all the puking. It was the fruit flavored kind and she took to it and now she keeps asking me for that. Is it okay to use it even when they aren't sick? Sorry if this seems like a stupid question but I really wasn't sure. If it is okay to use then that is kind of exciting because I cannot get her to drink water for the life of me so it would be a good substitute.

Ctink8189

Asked by Ctink8189 at 5:41 PM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Depending on how hot it gets in the summer where you are, I don't see why you couldn't give it to her, but not full strength. Dilute it some with water. If you'd rather get her off of it completely, I remember it being pretty expensive, you could slowly start diluting it until there really isn't much flavor to the water anymore.

We don't give our boys juice full strength at all, more like 1 part juice to 2 parts water. Our water here is really nasty so this way they will actually drink it while we're waiting to afford the water filter.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 5:47 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Yes, you can give it when they are not sick, actually does really help with hydration. I give it to my little girl once in a while and gave it to my son all the time.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:45 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I wouldn't do that just because by the time she's sick again she could be so sick of the pedialyte that she won't take it when she needs it the most.

Switch her to flavored water sold in stores. She'll survive without, 21 years later I know that. It'll get better it really will.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 5:46 PM on Mar. 16, 2010