potty training, how long does it take and should you do it all the time, everyday? and what about pee on the floor?

potty training

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:54 PM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• what about pee on the floor? are you asking if its going to happen, yes. are you asking how to get it up, dab with a towel, and i use pet cleaner (because i also have a puppy) to clean it up.
    you should try all the time so the child is not confused. obviously, bedtime would be after s/he has the day down. i would say, either let the child run around with out any bottoms on, or use "big girl/boy panties". diapers and pull ups pull moisture from the skin, and it makes it more comfortable peeing in them.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 6:02 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• consistency is important...once you start you should continue. Therefore, I would not start until I was 100% sure that the child is really ready. When a child is really ready, it takes very little time--not more than a day or two for most of the work to be done. When a child is continuing to have numerous accidents every day, that means he or she really isn't completely ready. The training period isn't something you want to have to deal with for very long.... In my experience, it is better if the child is well over two, close to three. I know preople do it a lot sooner, but once my kids were trained they were trained, day and night with no accidents.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 6:22 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• how long it takes it depends on the child. and how serious you are about it. some kids take days other weeks other months. i had dd potty train by 2 yrs old. s do happen. is part of training. you just clean and keep going.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 9:33 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• do rewards. potty training takes alot of effoer from both you and the child. do you believe the child is ready to be potty train. is the child showing signs of being ready
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 9:35 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• yes try it all the time,if u dont it will confuse her, we statrted after new years and my almost 2 yr old still has accidents now and then.we use carpet cleaner when she pees on the floor, i carry hand sanitizer spray for when we got out and i spray the toilet with it and wipe with paper.for some reason my lil one wont go in her dipar when we put it on her to go out. ask ur child every hour to half an hour if they have to go.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 10:42 AM on Mar. 17, 2010