cornbeef and cabbage!

ok ladies. as we all know st pattys day is coming and its the first time im making the dinner, i need a few really easy and good recipes for corn beef and cabbage thanks<3!

serenaxxmarie

Asked by serenaxxmarie at 6:06 PM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Food & Drink

• My mom always put it in a pot filled with water, added the spice packet and boiled for half the day. Then took out the meat and sliced it then and add cut potatoes, when the potatoes were half done she added the meat back in. Right before she served it she would add sliced onion and the cabbage. YUM! I can't wait for tomorrow!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:10 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• all you do is pop the corned beef in the crock pot WITH it's juices and probably a little water and cook it until that night, or when it's fall apart tender! then dump all the juice in a large pot and slice red potatos in half and boil them in the corned beef juice. When those are done, take them out and boil the cabbage sliced up in the remaining juice.
    you can put the corned beef on a platter and the cabbage and potatos in dishes or back into the crock pot to keep them warm and serve!
    Anonymous

• I'm making my first ever today also, I put it in the crock pot with a quartered onion, halved red potatoes and baby carrots and a couple of cloves of garlic, sprinkled with spice pack, added 4 cups of water and about 6 oz of beer....I'll add the cabbage in the last hour of cooking, wish me luck!
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 11:26 AM on Mar. 17, 2010