A very active baby

I'm 23 weeks and I think I have a very active baby. I feel him moving around all day long, especially when I lay down. Is it normal for the baby to be so active? I know some women are concerned if their babies aren't active enough, but I feel like mine is moving every hour of the day.

walkintherain

Asked by walkintherain at 6:16 PM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My older tow were like that, and when they were born they were the same way. They are always moving or doing something, neither of them likes to sit still. My youngest was much more sedate and is still the same way. He is happy to sit still and much less active all around.
    I don't think you have anything to worry about.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:18 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Totally normal they move in their sleep as well as when they are awake, but be worried if it decreases a lot, you now know that the baby is active and that is what you should expect if there is any problems.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:18 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• When I was pregnant with my son he was moderately active. Things slowed down a lot near the end of my pregnancy because he was sitting breech and he was over 9lbs so there wasn't much room for him.

When I was pregnant with my daughter, however, she was SO active. Right up until the day she was born. I swear she was having dance parties in there. lol!

An active baby is a good thing. :)
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 6:19 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• mine were all very active as well. #2 and #3 were much more active than the first one though - they made her look like a little slug. #2 hasn't stopped moving since she was born.

its good just exhausting.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 6:55 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• im in my week 22 and my daughter is so active i feel all the time its like she dont quit moving lol
    neonangel2188

Answer by neonangel2188 at 1:39 AM on Mar. 17, 2010