does wind really take a babys breath away??? please advise...

I recently started going for light jogs and walks around our local pond. The temp is about 60 degrees and is fairly windy. I put the clear plastic rain/wind guard over the stroller and feel like everyone is staring at me. should I NOT put the cover? Will the wind make it difficult for my dd to breath (she is nine months). She wears a jacket and I have a blanket over her legs. I even put mittens on her if her little fingers get chilly. HELP! I am so confused and no one in my family/friends can give me a helpful answer! They all say put a blanket but then the blanket blows off. I probably sound like a big idiot for asking this, but I want to make sure that I am doing what is right.. thanks for your help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I've never heard of wind taking a baby's breath.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:37 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• at 9 months, you baby should be able to move her head to a position that she can breathe, but bring along a blanket along just in case so she can cover her face.
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 6:43 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• old wives tale
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 6:44 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• That is an Old Wives Tale. It's fine to take the baby out as long as it isn't like very strong winds that could get her sick then i'd say take her out. She needs to get out and see the world.
    colesmommy2009

Answer by colesmommy2009 at 6:45 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• try blowing in a newborns face....they'll suck in a bit in shock. lol

but no, she'll be fine.

I call those plastic cover thingies "baby cookers" always feel so sorry for the kid all cooped up in a bubble. let the fresh air in.

Anonymous

• If it's cold, I would use the cover and just keep checking to make sure the baby isn't too hot. The wind suddenly blowing in their face will make them gasp, but it won't keep them fro breathing.
    Anonymous