Do your kids embaress you in public.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:40 PM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Sometimes kids just do that ... but my solution depends on the situation. For example, if we are in a restaurant and they got embarassing, then I would ask the waitress to pack our food to go and we would leave. If they embarrassed me in a store I would ask them "quietly" to stop or we were leaving. If they continued to act up, I would say LOUDER to behave or we were leaving. They would get embarassed by my "loud voice" and they usually would stop, but if they didn't we left and anything that I was going to buy them didn't get bought.

Once they realized there were consequences to their actions, they started to behave and when they forgot, then usually one reminder was enough to get them to straighten up.
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 6:45 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Hell no, I embarrass him!
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 7:15 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Yes and I have NO problem embarrassing him back. He knows he will get in trouble if he gets too bad in public. Kids will be kids but he knows his limits.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:16 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• embarrassedAt times; then they remember that I can "show out" even worse than they ever could: I've had waaaaay more practice!

jonosmama

Answer by jonosmama at 7:50 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Of course.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:52 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Nah, she knows better.

It also depends on the type of embarrassment. Silliness is fine, I'm silly too. But whining and crying and other such BS is not tolerated, and if she embarrassed me that way, I would embarrass her with a public spanking!
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 7:58 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Yes, my 5 y/o autistic does. Especially when he screams at the top of his little voice "Hey, what are you doing" when I am trying to put him in to or take him out of a cart. And there isn't much I can really do about it though. He doesn't know any better really. It's just his way of expressing his discomfort with being touched. But I swear, one of these days, I am going to turn around to see a cop behind me asking me what I am doing with that child. lol!
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 8:20 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Of course! It's part of the fun of being a kid. They can only get away with it for so long, so they need to do it NOW.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:59 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Heres my embarassing story.....

We're at church for a V-day part. I gave my son some red punch in a small plastic tumbler....He never really gets punches and sweeten drinks but he has seen me drink a strawberry daqarie or 2. And he knows there is alcohol in them so he knows thats why he can't have them....

So after I hand him the punch he loudly yells "Mommy, is there alcohol in this?"

So that was fun to explain.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 12:11 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Kids are just honest.
    vtmam

Answer by vtmam at 12:37 PM on Mar. 17, 2010