Help me cafemoms.....

Im 16 weeks pregnant. My stomach is beging to itch. i know that the stretch marks are begining to come. i dont have cocca butter. are theyre any substituttes? or do i have to use cocca butter?

demelina12

Asked by demelina12 at 7:10 PM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i used cocao butter....its didn't help.....i got the stretch marks at about 32 weeks......nothing is really gonna help sadly......its more genetic if ur mum has had it u will or if she hasn't then u won't either........they will fade after the pregnancy...my lil boy is 3 months old and my stretch marks are beginning to clear away.....good luck
    fay101

Answer by fay101 at 7:30 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Nothing will stop stretch marks, sorry but it is in your genes of if you get them or not. To help with the itch any lotion will help.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:44 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Use something to relieve the itch...Eucerin makes a good anti-itch creme. But the stretch marks will come. Nothing prevents them.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:11 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Creams and lotions don't prevent stretch marks but you should still moisturize because otherwise your skin will get itchy and dry and that's not comfortable. I've heard that if your mother got stretch marks you probably will too.
    walkintherain

Answer by walkintherain at 8:46 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• you can use olive oil on your skin...might not smell like roses, but it is a great moisturizer. i believe that we should nourish our skin from within! we should drink tons of water (no juice) and we should have foods rich in the omega 3's and 6's. you can take fish oil or flax seed oil if you think you may need extra. eat lots of nuts and cook with olive oil...drizzle olive oil on your salads.
    i din't get stretch marks until i had twins...i had two singletons before that. even now the stretch marks aren't very bad. i don't know anyone in my family that did not get stretch marks. i think a healthy diet has a lot to do with it.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:04 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I rub everything on my skin-- cocoa butter, shea butter, olive oil, apricot kernel oil...

happysbmom25 is SPOT ON! My whole family is covered in stretch marks. I have none. I drink tons of coconut water and filtered water. I eat plenty of healthy veggie fats (nuts, seeds, avocado, olive). Stretch marks come from the inside layers of skin-- nourish from the inside.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:13 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• yes, vasoline or pure aloe gel
    marievegan

Answer by marievegan at 11:02 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Vit. E cream. I think any think that keeps your belly soft.
    vtmam

Answer by vtmam at 12:26 PM on Mar. 17, 2010