Could I have a fractured fibula

I started working on my gizzele machine which is like you are skiing in the air with a back and fourth motion, the problem is that I had to stop because of pain on the side of my leg in the calf area I was wondering if it could be a stress fracture. It has been a month with no relief .

freesririt1990

Asked by freesririt1990 at 7:54 PM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Health

• The term “Shin splint” is a catchall phrase for lower leg pain.  Pain on the front outside portion of the lower leg may be an anterior compartment syndrome,  Pain on the front inside lower portion of the shin is the condition commonly referred to as “shin splints”. Stress fractures are tiny cracks in a bone. Stress fractures are caused by the repetitive application of force, often by overuse — Stress fractures are most common in the weight-bearing bones of the lower leg and foot. So, It may be a stress FX, or it could be Peroneal tendonitis, caused by excess stress being placed on the peroneal tendon. See a Doc to find out for sure!!
    Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 9:43 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I suspect it is tendinitis. It sounds like a pain I had for a while. I had physical therapy, which fixed it up very quickly. Since yours has gone on for such a long time, you should get it checked and find out how to treat it.

Answer by Bmat at 8:11 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I doubt the Gazelle caused a stress fracture since there's very little to no impact in the workout. You may have strained something and need to rest it a bit.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 8:14 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Sounds like shin splints. I used to get that all the time in high school, and I was diagnosed with shin splints - yes, they're normally on the front, but mine were on the side.
    Anonymous