does your stomach (have to) feel hard for it to be BH?

this is my 2nd pregnancy but i never felt any BH contrax w/ my 1st pregnancy. i'm 25-26 weeks, so at the end of the 2nd trimester.

i have been having some cramps, not a lot, in my lower belly, below the belly button.

everything i have read about BH says that your belly will feel hard when you have BH contrax. but my belly doesn't feel hard at all.

so i was wondering if these could be BH contrax, or if it's more likely just gas. ;)

thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:14 PM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• could be gas.. but yes it could be BH too
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:23 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• my belly didn't always get hard when I had BH
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 8:29 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Could be BH, could be gas. Either way, you're safe, but you can try all the BH treatments (have a glass of water, lie on your left side for a bit, take a load off).
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:08 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Yes, if you are experiencing BH then your stomach would get hard becuase it would cause your uterine muscle to tighten up. And BH are not just felt down low, they are felt all the way around your stomach. Typically BH do not cause pain although some people experience painful BH. My guess is that you either have gas or that you are just experiencing cramping during pregnany, which is totally normal
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 11:50 AM on Mar. 17, 2010