Tempered glass shower doors - how to clean ?

My shower doors are dirty, and I mean really dirty : soap scum, mildew and the one I have the most trouble with: a film of calcium !

What are the best cleaning tip/products I can use...along w/ elbow grease, of corse (:

Nynne

Asked by Nynne at 8:19 PM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Kaboom!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 8:27 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Tried it - Big flop!
    I'm desperate - LOL
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 8:29 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I bought a steam cleaner. I love it! I used it on my shower which was a lot like yours sounds. It worked great. I have also used sos scrubby pads on the glass and metal.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:35 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Going to sound silly... but first I did scrubbing bubbles and (once it was washed off) I used toilet bowl cleaner. Works like a charm... just make sure not to mix the scrubbing bubbles with the cleaner... that causes a lot of smoke and bad gasses in the bathroom. :) Made that mistake ONCE, never again...
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 8:38 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• how about CLR or Limeaway?
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 8:39 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• tried both CLR and Limeaway, same luck as w/ Kaboom :-(

I'll try the sos pads, and maybe , if that works, I can use the reg. cleaners (Kaboom, CLR & Limeaway) to keep it clean, and if they fail I'll try the toxic mix of Scrubbing Bubbles followed by toiletcleaner - hopefully w/o making it toxic, though ;-D

Thank you all very much, ladies - hope you have a blessed day!
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 7:59 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• One of the keys with any cleaning product, is to give it time to work on the hard stains. Spray it and leave it there for a while. When we had shower doors (HATED them and took them down now have curtains I can throw in washer), I'd spray them and come back an hour or two later.....take a damp sponge with a scrubby top and scrub.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:18 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• Oh. and the film of calcium deposits may take scraping with a razor.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:19 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• I use Tilex, but it has a very strong odor and you will need good ventilation. I've had shower doors and I think the best solution is to get rid of them and get curtains you can just throw in the wash :)

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 9:34 AM on Mar. 17, 2010

• use an old dryer sheet it really works
    Anonymous