Pagan Mamas... I need some advice...

I am newer to the world of Sabbat Rituals and I'm having an issue because the only thing I have that I can use for an alter is my dresser. But I am all alone and everything I am reading says I have to do a circle with my alter in the middle. which i can't do. I have seen videos of alters against the wall like mine but I'm not sure how to actually do the ritual if you can't walk around it to call the corners or make a circle...

Please Advise!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:08 PM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Oh sweetie, you don't have to have ANYTHING the way a book or video tells you. Guess what I use? I hollowed out mini fridge!
    I have it turned on its side, door up, with all my supplies stored inside. It's covered up and looks like a little table when not in use. When I need it, it's against the wall, with my circle cast around it. I smudge my home before ritual as an added measure to keep things pure.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 9:10 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• But how do I cast a circle around it without being able to walk around the alter?
    Anonymous

• I'm just a curious passerby....
    What are the rituals used for?
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 9:16 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Our ritual room became a nursery. We now have portable everything. DH is in the process of making ritual mats so we have an unroll-and-go circle and altar space that we can use indoors or out. Even if you're doing really detailed work, like some of those super strict grimoires, the porta-ritual-room-play-mat is awesome.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:19 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• You don't have to do anything "their" way!! I do little rituals, but I don't cast circles... just feels weird to me. But, if you really feel the need you can just visualize the circle. See yourself walking around the alter vs. actually doing it!! ;o)

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 9:20 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• sandypops - it's like a meditation or prayer similar to the kind of rituals a priest will do in church... symbolic. That's the best way to describe it. Just another way to connect with God/Goddess.

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 9:22 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I'm just a curious passerby....
    What are the rituals used for?

Rituals are used to honor the Gods, Goddesses, Nature and the Cycles of life.

Here is a great example of a Coven Ritual for Ostara (this one's from 2006)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6dIJO1G7VI

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:26 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• OP, I just do a semi-circle, covering only the alter area. That's why I also do a smudge before hand.

Sandy, ritual is perhaps what someone else might call church. But VERY different from Christian ones.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 9:33 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Oh ok, thanks for the info! I'm LDS, but I always like to learn about other's beliefs! Thanks for being so open :)
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 9:56 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• is there a group on here for pagan moms? my dh and i are new top the religion and looking for other parents. yes i know he cant join but i can! but to answer the question, do as you see fit! if you cant/dont wanna move it then dont. cast a half circle. at least thats what my book says.
    wife_mother1790

Answer by wife_mother1790 at 10:06 PM on Mar. 16, 2010