Membrane stripping...

So I'm 38 weeks and 4 days today... My doctor stripped my membranes this morning, and I didn't start bleeding til this late evening... She said that there would be light bleeding... Has anyone else ever had some heavy bleeding after having this done? Just checking since I didn't have to have this done with my first son. Thanks!

Amy75972

Asked by Amy75972 at 9:08 PM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• When I was within my second to last weeks of pregnancy, my OB offered but I refused. I was kind of glad that I didn't. I had a friend that had her's stripped and nothing happened. She actually went a week past her due date.
    adoredby3

Answer by adoredby3 at 9:13 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• i had a little. it wasnt crazy bleeding.. and i had to also have it done twice.. one time one week, then again the following.. and the second time it "took" so to speak and i went into labor maybe... 15 hours or so later. good luck!
    juandmad09

Answer by juandmad09 at 9:35 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• No you should not bleed heavily after having this done, that can be a problem. You may have lost your mucus plug and have some bloody show but constant heavy bleeding is not a good sign and you need to go to the hospital if you are bleeding heavily.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 9:35 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I had it done while pregnant with my second. It did not work, he was still 2 days "late". I did not bleed though. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else.
    luv2bamom1124

Answer by luv2bamom1124 at 10:53 PM on Mar. 16, 2010