Would you question your doctor?

I'm on 40 mg of quinapril[high blood pressure meds]and she put me on another one 320 mg. that sounds like alot?Iwas on 10 mg before the 320.What was my doctor thinking.Should I call up and ask her why she gave me such a high dose?I'm afraid of taking it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 PM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Health

• I would call and double check.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 9:30 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Yes of course! Doctors are human they make mistakes.
    Anonymous

• 40 mg of one med and 320mg of another isn't really an issue. Some meds take less to work effectively. Some you can't take over a certain amount in a day, so she added the second med which has different measurements.
    Anonymous

• I question my doctor all the time. Well, I did. Then I finally switched to a doctor that I had more confidence in.
    Anonymous

• Anonymous 9;38 I'm confused, can you explain easier?
    Anonymous

• if you don't feel right about something you should question it. just because they're your doctor doesn't mean they don't make mistakes!
    Anonymous

• yes, it is ok to ask why your doc did something. it is your body and your life after all.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:05 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I would ABSOLUTELY double check. My ped had first prescribed my dd 2.5 cc a day of a med. Then when it didn't fix the problem he said, "I'll write you a prescription for more" When I picked it up, it said to give her 8 cc. If I din't call him to question this I'd have OD her big time! So I didn't give it to her at all and saw a new doc. The new doc says he never even would have given an infant that med and gave me instructions on how to take care of her issue without meds.

Her "condition" BTW was simply cradle cap
    Anonymous

• There is nothing wrong with questioning your dr. It is your health. You are responsible for it, the dr is just there to help you take care of your own health. If you feel uncomfortable, uncertain, or just plain confused, you should tell him/her and have it clarified. Whether it's a mistake or it's correct and he/she just needs to explain the reasoning behind it, you have every right to ask what the deal is with it.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 10:13 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• You could also ask your pharmacist. They are better trained in medication than doctors. Most doctors only know what's on the literature the sales rep from the drug company gives them. Your pharmacist can tell you if that is a usual type of dose or too high. And he can call your doctor for clarification so you don't feel like your confronting him.

Anonymous