What's going on with WalMart?

I live in North Carolina and have noticed that the shelves on WalMart are being left empty. For instance...I went to two different WalMarts and neither one had any Tylenol PM or the generic equivalent (Equate PM). I have noticed that many shelves are not being refilled - paper towels, beauty aids, housewares. Since I have been unemployed, WalMart is our main shopping place and I just want to know what is going on.

Merjo

Asked by Merjo at 9:34 PM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• might be shipping issues due to all the snow the past few months.

tylenol - maybe that was due to the recall they had a while back.

other than that I don't know.
    Anonymous

• I think they are reorganizing things.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:37 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I'm pretty sure they don't stock but once a day. If stuff runs out they leave it out...or at least that's how it seems to be around here. I never see them stock, except on my 11pm-12am runs to the store.
    It really sucks because you either go without, or you have to hunt someone down to check in back.
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 9:37 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Maybe they're getting ready to do a remodel on those stores? I don't know, I can't shop at Wal-Mart, we don't have one nearby.
    Anonymous

• I dont know. Ours has a weird layout to begin with.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 9:46 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• What time are you shopping. I try to go on a weekday. If I go in on a Saturday or Sunday after 3 o'clock, everything is empty!
    Anonymous

• Walmart gets trucks ALL the time...but they NEVER know when stuff is coming in..the one i worked for is sooo unorganized it sucked! They were starting a new system of counting so they would know ahead of time when things were running low! All the walmarts in my area sell out of stuff because they are super busy all the time...there is a possibility that your walmarts are getting remodeled so theyre holding out on stock..if im not mistaken, it might be time for their yearly inventory count which could be the big issue!? Might wanna ask?! i dont have any other guesses!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 9:59 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I'm from NC too!!! The same thing with me!!! Except it's been like that at the Lincolnton Gastonia and Belmont Walmart! I was wondering the SAME thing if you find out...let me know!!
    lovinthislife08

Answer by lovinthislife08 at 10:01 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Oh and I haven't been going in late either....it's like that during the day.....
    lovinthislife08

Answer by lovinthislife08 at 10:02 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• My husband works for Walmart and he told me that department managers and store managers now have very little control over ordering, it all goes through the corporate office. Like a previous poster said, they never know what's coming or when. The computerized inventory system is supposed to make it so products are ordered automatically but it obviously isn't working well.
    jlknudsen5478

Answer by jlknudsen5478 at 10:31 PM on Mar. 16, 2010