does stress effect weight loss?

I've been eating great- healthy food and small portions and exercising 3-5 times per week for 2 weeks and have only lost 2 lbs. I'm under so much stress. Could that have anything to do with not losing more weight?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:50 PM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Health

• Yes. Your body creates a chemical called Cortisal Which makes it hard to lose weight, hurts your immune system and causes a whole mess of other problems...
    Anonymous

• Yes. and it depends on your genetic make up if you lose more, or if you gain weight. I get stressed, I lose weight. My mom on the other hand, she gets stressed, she gains weight, and food doesn't have to be involved at all. It just depends.
    Momma_Neko

Answer by Momma_Neko at 10:00 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Stress can do amazing things. If you are under undo amounts of stress and trying to lose weight your body may see your attempt to eat better and less as a starvation tactic and begin to store up things. In other words, when you are stressed your body sees everything as a threat. I would say to find a way to relieve the stress - meditation, yoga, more exercise. When you are worried about not losing weight fast enough you are adding more stress!! Relax, the normal weight loss is 2 pounds per week. You may also be retaining a lot of water which is added weight. Basically, don't stess the stress!
    Merjo

Answer by Merjo at 10:03 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• When I'm stressed I lose weight quickly because I lose my appetite.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:03 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I've put on almost 50 lbs in the last couple of years cuz we were living with my in-laws. Things are better now since we moved into our own place, although I still don't get the down time from the stepboys that I really need. Some years ago I had started taking yoga classes with a friend of mine, I'd already been doing them for some time on my own but my friend didn't want to go to class on her own. We started eating better and the weight just seemed to fall off, I think I dropped 15 lbs in a few months, but it was more the inches I lost and the better sleep I was getting that I really miss. I barely sleep these days.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 10:14 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Your mental and emotional health can affect EVERYTHING about your physical health.
    Anonymous