Do you fight with your DH?

I mean really fight, screaming yelling fight. DH and I had a conversation about how we never fight or argue. Life is to short so we just dont. We think as we get older we learn how to tolerate more. So are you a lover or a fighter. Please be honest. Thanks

dillonsma

Asked by dillonsma at 10:14 PM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• i hate fighting, but i will if i have to! i will tolerate a lot of ish, but once i reach my point, i try to say what i have to say nicely, then however he recieves it and responds dictates how i react and if i feel disrespected or ignored, then yes i scream, cry, and get all in his face like i want to rip him apart lmao!
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 10:18 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• My dh and I have been married for going on 5 years and have been together for 9 and we have never fought once. I don't think its that we are more tolerant, but more communicative. This is my second marriage and I fought HARD with my first hubby - he and I never communicated. People do not believe me when I tell them that we have never fought, or even argued. Like you said, life is too short to walk around angry with those we love.The two keys to a successful marriage (relationship) is communication and never taking each other for granted.
    Merjo

Answer by Merjo at 10:18 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• We are LOVERS and we are FIGHTERS. We go to both extremes and in between! I think there are those times where both people are harboring emotions and they come out into one big ball of energy, wether it be good or bad....
    But that's kinda life...and how you learn to communicate better before stuff like that happens.
    Anonymous

• I don't like to fight with him, but yes, occasionally we do. We are both very passionate people and it comes out in our fighting. Fortunately, the older we get, the less it happens.
    Anonymous

• We argue at times,well maybe "bicker" is the better word,lol. We really don't scream and yell at eachother. If one of us gets so irritated that a voice gets raised, usually the conversation is just stopped at that point ans then we talk about it later. Its not like we discussed that that would be how we argue or resolve things, I guess its just in our nature. We make eachother laugh a lot when things get a little heated. One of us will make a joke and it eases the tension and then we talk about the problem rather than continue arguing about it.
    With my ex husband, it wasnt like that. We would scream and he would throw things...like a recliner into the wall for example, lol.
    I can honestly say my SO and I actually get along pretty well. It helps that he agrees with just about everythign I say though..haha. j/k
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:43 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• yep. once every couple of months we have a good yelling match - he storms off, I cry for a while. he comes back, we hug and continue.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 10:44 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I rarely fight with my SO. I think we have gotten into 2 yelling fights (Me doing most of the yelling) in the entire year we have been together. We talk a lot about anything and everything and yeah we get frustrated with each other over things but we try to stay calm and talk. We see it as fighting gets us no where and doesn't accomplish anything. Tho we do like to play fight and laugh as we're telling each other our frustrations.

NikLvsNick

Answer by NikLvsNick at 10:44 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• We used to fight alot like to the point that cops would show up we were so loud but neither of us deal with stress well and it was a very stressful time in our lives. Now we bicker a little but I can't complain
    Anonymous

• When we first got together we NEVER had a fight. When he came home from Iraq he was another person we fought about everything. When I was pregnant with our 5th child he got pissed off and pushed me to the floor and it was like a light bulb went off in his head and he was like a prince for a long time and still is, so far. He is coming home from Afghanistan soon and he has been through a lot more in Afg than he was in Iraq so, I figure we will be having major issues when he comes home for awhile. But, we are committed to our marriage and our family, we need each other. We have been through counseling and if we need to go back we will. FOR THE RECORD, MY HUSBAND IS NOT NATURALLY ABUSIVE HE IS A GOOD HUSBAND AND LOVES ME AND OUR KIDS.
    Anonymous

• we're passionate lovers and passionate fighters; not physically violent toward one another, but my husband's destroyed a chair, a couple of cell phones, and put his fist through a door. I learn to back off and talk later when he's cooled down.
    Anonymous