Need a list of responsibilities and pleassures of being a parent.

Just need some help thinking of all the responsibilities and all the pleasures of being a parent. Any ideas?

Thank you!

Ashes1207

Asked by Ashes1207 at 10:38 PM on Mar. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• A mother's job last 24/7 regaurdless of what others think.
    Anonymous

• Responsibilities : You will not know the meaning of "a good night's sleep" for a long time.
    You will have to deal with the smell of another person's poop a couple times of day, and you will probably get poop ON you a few times as well.
    You have to stop thinking about yourself, and put your child first.
    You have to make sure you keep your child safe and happy.
    Children take a LOT of money lol
    Lots of time and patience too.
    Now the pleasures: It's amazing the first time they smile at you.
    The first time you hear them giggle will melt your heart.
    You'll also love it the first time they reach out for you
    And when they say their first word, and take their first step.
    There are SO many pleasures to being a parent. I can't list them all.
    Anonymous

• good thought anon 940, I'll add to that an explanation that I think anon 940's statement means that no matter if mom is at home days and nights with kids or leaves home for a pay job, with or without a partner 98 percent of every thing related to being a parent falls on the mother.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 10:44 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• Responsibilities... in a nutshell, you will need to put someone else's needs ahead of your own 24/7 for a LOOOONG time. This is going to affect everything from basic biological functions (ie. sleeping!) to how you budget your money to how you spend your time. The pleasures.... love beyond love. I didn't know how much I could love anything until I had children. Nothing else compares. I've been a mom for almost eight years now, and I could still burst into tears watching my kids sleep, just at the wonder that they are here and they're mine. Nothing else compares.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:26 PM on Mar. 16, 2010