Do men always make you feel like this?

When you tell them they are doing something wrong, and you know for a fact it is. Like making the bottle tonight he added the water, then the cereal, THEN the formula, and I told him it's wrong and he should redo it. He threw the bottle down, and said as he huffed up the stairs. Apparently to YOU I cant do ANYTHING right, so you can do it your own freakin' self.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 PM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• Really not seeing what difference it makes. It may be the way YOU want it, but the way he does it doesn't make it wrong.
    Anonymous

• i think u might of hurt his feelings. he tried, and u made him feel bad for it
    Anonymous

• Just because he did it a different way doesn't make it wrong. Kinda looks like he feels that if he doesn't do it your way than what he does is going to automatically wrong. He was trying to help. You should have just let him do what he was doing.
    NikLvsNick

Answer by NikLvsNick at 10:49 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• If you constantly criticize, he will never help. Having a baby is stressful for everyone, let him do things his way, esp. if it doesn't really matter.
    Anonymous

• Yeah, i think you should go tell him your sorry and give him a hug.
    My hubby doesn't do much of that stuff...but I don't mind because I do it my own way...and when I hurt my foot and couldn't get around, and he had to do it...yeah it drove me a little nuts to watch him do things differently then me...but hey..at least he's trying to help...at least he's doing SOMETHING. Right?
    Anonymous

• I think you are nit picking and nagging. Once you shake it all up what differance does it make? You gotta give him credit for even trying.
    Anonymous

• Sounds like you tried to micromanage. He was helping. Cut him some slack.
    Anonymous

• I was once told, it's not how they do it that matters, but that the job gets done! I think women in general ( including myself!) have a hard time letting go a little and just being ok with how men do things because it's different from us.
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry, but I have to say, I kinda agree with the other pp's. It might not be how you do it, and it might not even be the easiest way to do it. But, the baby is his, too, and he was trying to be involved, and you should have let him do it.

Now, if what he was doing was dangerous, like the bath was way too hot and going to burn the baby, or no car seat, something like that, then yes, speak up. But something we have to learn to do as moms (and it can be hard) is to let go a little and trust our dh's to love and care for our babies as much as we do - even if they don't do things just like we do.

cont
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:17 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• I'm thankful for all of your replies and agree with 100% it wasnt until after typing this and reading this I really understood what he did. I thought he had added the formula, cereal and then the water, not the other way around. I apologized and we made up. He decided we both needed "Cheer up" Frostys from Wendy's and he volunteered to go get them. I dont try to nag, but I have realized it's hard for me to watch him do something with our kids (3 and 5 months) when it's different from the way I do it. So from now on, with the help of my fellow cafemommers, please remind me that HE needs to find what works for him with the kids and doesnt need me telling him how to do everything. He's a big boy, he can take care of them without me.
    DandieMandie

Answer by DandieMandie at 11:19 PM on Mar. 16, 2010