Does eatting and chewing food on only one side affect the size of my face on that side? wouls that side be bigger than the other?

indysownlilbit

Asked by indysownlilbit at 10:46 PM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Health

• LOL It would only make the side you are chewing on bigger WHILE you are chewing.
    Merjo

Answer by Merjo at 10:48 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• i have chewed only on the left side of my mouth for like5 years and have realized that side of my face is noticibly bigger and firmer than the right. was wondering if it was from chewing or something else like getting an abcess tooth pulled on that side a month ago.
    indysownlilbit

Answer by indysownlilbit at 10:51 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• My first thought was tooth abscess. Even if there's no pain, if your side of your face looks bigger or a tooth feels longer, then it could be an abscess. Or residual swelling from the extraction. Talk to your dentist if you are worried.
    Anonymous

• If you had an abcessed tooth pulled it could be from that. Perhaps you still have a small infection that needs medical attention.
    Merjo

Answer by Merjo at 10:59 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• your probably right indysownlilbit, you're still swollen from the bad tooth. My daughter had her wisdom teeth pulled three months ago, four teeth, and she stopped swelling within a week. I'd get an appointment with a dentist even if you don't hurt, better safe than sorry.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 11:01 PM on Mar. 16, 2010