does anyone else know what it's like

to share your child with someone that is completely irrational? i get that i should have know what i was getting into, but i had no idea that someone could be so selfish, inconsiderate and ignorant, and i have to share the most important thing in my life with him. how do u deal with an ex who is just a complete idiot. btw talking about it is out of the question, he will not speak to me, refused mediation and is completely irrational...help!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:48 PM on Mar. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• I know exactly what you mean. I've got one of those.
    He took me to court for visitation rights.
    Now I have to give her to him every sunday for 8 hours.
    I HATE him. With a passion.
    Like if I had a gun...and could murder anyone in the world, and get away with it...it would be him.
    I'm not even kidding. He put me through hell and back.
    Beat the crap outta me.
    Beat the crap outta me while I was PREGNANT.
    Forced me into an abortion the first time I got pregnant.
    And so on and so forth.
    He doesn't CARE what's in her best interest...he uses the fact that he's a "single dad" on myspace and facebook to get girls...and they FALL for it! ugh. Makes me wanna puke.
    Anyway, sorry about my ranting...this is your problem lol.
    Hope everything works out, good luck
    Anonymous

• Are you talking about my ex? lol.
    Try not to let it get to you. I know the ex can be impossible and you could probably reach out and strangle them at times. But its not worth it.
    When he is being irrational, don't talk to him. Hang up the phone on him.
    I have had to tell my sons father several times that I will not argue with you.When you are in the mood to discuss things with me as the other parent to our child, then I will listen to what you have to say. And I hang up the phone.
    It doesnt always work. And he doesnt always call back. But who cares, it gets me off the phone with the moron,lol.
    Also when I talk to him I try to keep my tone even and as pleasant as possible,it seems to help in not triggering his annoying attitude.
    Good luck,hope he learns to shut up and see the right side of things.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:56 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• (OP) he knows he has control over me, by sharing custody and he does whatever he can to screw me regardless of how it effects my son...
    he also meets tons of girls and then moves them into the house and then they see how nuts he is and they leave and who do u think is left to explain to my kid where this girl is now- certainly not him!!
    It's just nice tok now that someone out there can relate, this guys is so f-ed up that people can't even comprehend the stories i tell them- and i'm stuck with him forever!!
    Anonymous

• I know exaclty what you are going through. I share 2 kids with my idiotic ex. He calls CPS on me if he doesn't get his way, tries to act like I still belong to him just because I have kids with him, has told me that he should come before my SO which is so not happening because I am way happier with my SO than I ever was with that shit for brains. I literally hate my ex with a passion and wish he would go away.
    NikLvsNick

Answer by NikLvsNick at 11:00 PM on Mar. 16, 2010

• If he's really irrational and needing meds, then maybe you can go back to court and have him declared unfit. Especially if you're able to show the list of women that he keeps moving in and out, etc - the courts could say that it's an unfit environment for your ds, and that his visits have to be supervised.

My dh went to school with a woman that had to do this - her ex truly was unbalanced (his mom ended up having legal and medical POA over him because of it). His visitations with the kids was very limited. Unfortunately, she wasn't a whole lot more stable in her life, eventually his mom got custody of the kids.

good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Mar. 17, 2010